Friday, October 28, 2011

WTF Friday - the third

or the fourth, but who really cares.

There's sort of an infamous story that all the siblings in my family know about...

I don't know how my mom did it with four kids, but she use to sew everything; like matching weird green pinstripe outfits for when we went to the airport (in case one of us got lost, she could point to one of the remaining there and say 'see, he/she looks exactly like this!').

Among all the stuff she sewed, she sewed swimming suits. I can't remember if this was either before kids, or we kids were young, but one day she picked out a pattern, some really beautiful yellow material and whipped herself up a yellow swimming suit.

She wore that suit to the pool and strutted around until she started feeling eyes look at her, approving nods from the guys around and jabs to their friends. So, she started to strut a little more, heck, who doesn't when your feeling hot.

That was until someone came up to her and whispered into her ear 'you know, your swim suit is see-through'. That's right, the itty bitty yellow thingy was like wearing nothing when wet.

Fast forward to me last night. I noticed that my suit was looking a little worn in the front, but I thought it wasn't a big deal, maybe it was just the light in the bathroom. So, I just threw a towel over my body and proceeded to the gym's pool.

When I got home, I was going to sling my wet suit over the bathroom shower door, when I decided I better reinspect my suit. The front panel had two layers, so it was fine, but the back...


and what are you looking at now, a picture of Wyatt's pumpkin girl... seen through the rear of my swimming suit.

Yep, I'm pretty sure there was a full moon at the pool last night, or a full pumpkin face, or something others might as well just call my ass.

I've never felt so much like my mother than I did last night.

Awesomeness.

10 comments:

Marie said...

HAHAHAHAHA!

I feel your pain. Last summer, I was running through a parking lot to get to my office and my pants ended up around my ankles. And yes, I was wearing faded pink granny panties. Campus security got quite the show.

Considering the fact that you work out, I'm sure no one minded. :)

Emmy said...

Lol! Well at least it was your back and not your front :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Nothing wrong with a little crack, right? At least that's what Whitney would say.

Mnmom said...

HA HA HA! Your Mom would be so proud! I wore my shirt backwards all day Friday - does that make you feel any better?

An Imperfect Momma said...

oh my word! Bahahahahahaha! Sorry but that junk is funny...pun not intended. Hopefully there wasnt too many people in the pool area?

Jen Westpfahl said...

OMG I hope you didn't see anyone you know. And you're very brave - I don't think I'd be telling this to anyone much less the entire world.

amanda said...

honey this is all sorts of awesomeness.

seriously.

Shan said...

Oh, that was a good laugh. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Haha! Love this :)

darcie said...

oh girl, I have soo been there.
Just last month in fact...my swimsuit bottoms...literally nothing left! WTF! Good luck finding swim bottoms in MN in October! Thankfully, I found a few online and had em shipped out...can't be hitting up the gym's pool without any bottoms! YIKES!
I'm not going to lie - I'm thankful I'm not the only one! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...