Thursday, June 26, 2008

we're not famous

We're not famous. We don't pretend to be famous either; I don't dress my children up in Polo shirts and multi-colored plaid shorts, I myself don't dress in white capris and a shirt coordinating to my children, and I will never in a million years coordinate my entire family's clothing just for the heck of it. We're an 'average' American family. Being the 'average' family, our outings aren't too beyond average either. Friday nights have become one of those oh-so-fun bath nights and this past Saturday we spent at the zoo.

Friday- I gave Henry and Wyatt their bath, my husband was in charge of drying them off, lathering them up and getting PJs on them. Wyatt has a tiny bit of cradle cap which I've informed my husband to apply a tiny bit of baby oil to. He slathered it on his head to the point I couldn't get it off without getting him in the bath and re-washing his hair. Of course, that wasn't happening.

Saturday- Wyatt hair is still a greasy mess. I scrubbed it a little bit more to no avail. We decided to just go with it. My husband mohawked his hair and off to the zoo we went.



Being that we are an 'average' family, we at first weren't aware of all the comments and looks that we were getting. When people started pointing and smiling, I figured it out. 'Look at that baby'. 'Look at that hair'. (Wyatt also eggs it on by waving his little baby wave and saying 'hi' to anyone in a 10 foot radius.) I'm sure there were those 'what are they thinking?' and 'are those parents serious?' but I did not hear them, or better yet, I chose not to hear them.


I'm not sure if all the attention got to Wyatt's head or what, but here is a family picture a passerby took, right after saying to her husband 'did you see that baby's hair?'.



(not a blog worthy photo of the family with the exception of Wyatt)




Did you get that? Here's a closer look. Perhaps Wyatt thought the paparazzi were taking his picture. I guess, maybe Wyatt thinks he's famous.



18 comments:

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

Wyatt is A-Dorable! I don't think people were looking at you wondering what you did to your kid, I think it's because he looks so cute!!!

Marketing Mama said...

Yes, Wyatt does think he's famous - no matter how hard you try to hold him back. That's an awesome photo.

Say, I saw last week's CitiPages had a cover story on surrogacy - have you seen it? It was pretty interesting.

Rebecca said...

That is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. That photo would have been funny without the story about WHY he had the mohawk, but the fact that you included the baby oil story just made it all the more hilarious. LOVE IT!

Next time I see a baby with a mohawk, I'll wonder if it was his parents' fashion sense or whether there was some sort of debacle that led to it.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I think he's saying:
"rock-ON!"

Melissa said...

oh gosh! That picture of him is just great!!!!I love the fingers!

Vashey Fam said...

I couldn't stop laughing! What a rock star! That has got to be one of the funniest pics ever! Hey, found you on my sister-in-law's blog (Tyne). I have a Wyatt too and we also give mohawks once in a while....usually with mashed banana "gel" or something more disgusting.

4luvandlife said...

One of my favorite posts yet. That was a fun day.

kristine said...

That's great! I think he thinks he's a rock star!

McMommy said...

Wyatt ROCKS!!!! He wears that hair well!

And for the record, I love the mohawk. My neighbor just did that to her son and it looks sooooo cool!

Kristen said...

I'm thinking all your passerbys were just jealous, because seriously, HOW CUTE IS WYATT!

Adorable!! I LOVE the mohawk.

You should have found a shirt that said "daddy did my hair". I need one of those for Anya. :)

Miss Lisa said...

He looks so cute--I bet he will be famous.
Can you believe I coordinate our entire family outfits for every Easter and Christmas--it's insane, really.

Kristie said...

Look at Wyatt, he's such a ham and oh so cute!

A Crafty Mom said...

OMG, that is so cute!!! You could never make him do that if you wanted him to pose like that . . . I guess he's getting ready to be a little ham. He's adorable. Even funnier that you blacked out the rest of the faces, lol.

Marla said...

fantastic! and this week you are famous because poeple all over town we talking about the fabulous baby they saw with a mowhhawk at the zoo.

McMommy said...

Love that you picked this for POW! I smile every time I see Wyatt with the cool hair!!

Manager Mom said...

Oh - we have those plastic fireman hats too!!!

Eve Grey said...

Ack, so cute! Good thing he's not a Brangelina babe, he'd be stealing their spotlight! (:

Anonymous said...

That picture is too funny! My first had really bad cradle cap and I did the same thing several times.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...