Monday, June 30, 2008

the gift that keeps giving

I buy 99% of the Christmas presents in our home. Last year, the 1 % my husband purchased came in the form of Wyatt's Santa present. I told my husband 'just go out and buy him some little toy' after all he was 8 months old at the time and it was really more for Henry, so he knows that Santa isn't some dud that give shoes for a present (which is what I purchased originally but was 'told' I was being a dud myself).

My husband picked out the WORLD'S MOST ANNOYING TOY. When Wyatt 'opened' it on Christmas morning, I looked at my husband and just said 'are you serious?'. I immediately told him when Henry was out of earshot, 'we have to return that, I will go absolutely insane'. He responded 'the kids will love it and besides it's from Santa, how we are going to explain to Henry that Santa changed his mind.'

Why am I thinking about Christmas in June? Though the toy looks different today; the chute is already pulled apart since it's new role is often that of a 'leaf blower' and the balls (that are suppose to pop into the air) are missing somewhere in the toy abyss, Wyatt has developed a new fondness for this toy. When I'm getting dressed at 7 in the morning, Wyatt plays in the toy room next to the bathroom, right next to our bedroom. As my husband tries to continue to sleep, Wyatt starts up playing with his 'favorite' new toy.

It is the gift that keeps giving. A little bit of me smiles on the inside every time he pushes the button. Oh, the sweet sound of revenge.

(I dare anyone to show me that you have anything remotely as annoying)

15 comments:

Kristen said...

Um, yeah, that BEYOND super annoying toy lives at our house. Curtousy of Grandma. UGH!

kristine said...

OH, I have so many friends that have that toy and that alone, was enough for me to know not to buy it. I feel sorry for you...

4luvandlife said...

I think you should let your husband sleep. He needs his rest.

Rebecca said...

That toy is really, really annoying. It reminds me of one we have. It's a toy tractor that has a loud, tractor-like engine and a cock-a-doodle-doing chicken. IT DOESN'T HAVE AN OFF BUTTON. I'm not joking. Whoever made that toy has a sick sense of humor. Anytime the toy gets bumped in the toy box it goes. It takes several minutes for it to return to its sleep state. I hate that thing. Ours is also courtesy of Grandma.

Marketing Mama said...

Well, I think that toy is freakin' awesome and I bought it for my kid! Okay, the noise sucks, but I think it's lots of fun. Except for when the little people get stuck in the tube. But you know what's cool? Putting kleenex down the tube. It shoots out really fast.

I wish I were a preschooler - I love this stuff.

Laural Out Loud said...

I love it when my husband ignores my advice, then reaps the annoying results! Our most annoying toy is that catapillar alphabet thing, so I consider myself lucky in comparison to what you have!

Marla said...

my toy that keeps on giving and now banned from the house... the popper...

Carol said...

I couldn't even face watching the clip. I have just woekn up and feared that would be the worst possible start to the day.

Well after.....'Mum, mum Eli has done poop!' who doesn't wanna wake up to diaper changing?

Vashey Fam said...

LOL, yep, I think we actually have a more annoying toy or just as equally bad! It's a ball that rolls around and makes all sorts of comments and sounds. Who picks the voices for those toys!? I usually keep the switch to OFF....but sometimes I'm a nice mommy.

A Crafty Mom said...

I had to cringe when I saw that - we, too, own that ball popper . . . a friend sent it for a birthday gift and it was cute for about a day. Ok, less than a day. Maybe a few hours. A year later it's not working so well since the boys kindly shoved their plastic fruit from their kitchen down the little tunnel. I've never been happier to see them stuff a plastic yellow banana into some place they should be sticking it :-)

Miss Lisa said...

we will be staying away from that aisle this Christmas ;)

Lightning McQueen's constant commentary (via Dino's favorite toy) is enough for this house!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

ANY of those awful fake phones, especially when they are in the car!! Absolutely insanely annoying while driving!

TheAustinEmpire said...

Yeah, we had that one too, from some brilliant family member who thought it would be hilarious for us to own one. Notice I say had, it was a gift for Hunter 3 years ago, and has since been pulled apart and thrown away.

BookMamma said...

Crush. It. CRUSHIT!
I would rather drink ditch water than hear that early in the morning.

And yet I am serenaded each morning with the sounds of the Hulkey Pokey these days...

Anonymous said...

OMG, so call me insane. I was SO going to get that for my son for X-mas this year! You'd think I would have learned after this last toy debaucle! Maybe I am just like driving myself nuts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...