Tuesday, October 18, 2011

free style

I'm not in charge of putting the boys to bed. This lovely duty has be delegated to my husband and I think he likes doing it (for the most part). That said, they have been watching a lot of YouTube videos lately during story time. My husband claims it's for ideas, their inventions...

::

So I noticed that Wyatt has been kicking his feet up on the walls a lot lately. He'd put one foot up on the wall and spin around on the other foot. Honestly, I thought 'that's a little weird', but I let it go, because I pick my battles with this child.

Fast forward with us going into the gym. Wyatt's literally stepped up his game. He's putting one foot on the wall, spinning around, running over to the chair and kicking off from there. I grab him before he makes his next move to the side table, 'What are you doing, Wyatt? You can't step on people's furniture,' I scold him.

He shrugs his shoulders and mumbles something.

"Well, you can't do that anymore!" I whisper-yell at him.

Wyatt goes on "but it's called freestyle walking, Mom... and I like doing it".

Freestyle walking?

(now imagine a four year old doing this... yes, adults (apparently) think this is fun too)

Ah, yes, freestyle walking, thank you YouTube.

Or 'Gobber Jiggerty' when Wyatt wants to call it some made up name.

But I'm having a ridiculous time trying to explain why there are shoe marks on people's walls from my four year old and it's not that he has horrible manners,

it's that he's freestyle walking.

5 comments:

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

This is so cute but I can see why you don't want your little boy doing it after watching that video!!

Emmy said...

You can just tell everyone it is your husband's fault :)

L. Shanna said...

That is so awesome! He will always be the cool kid with moves like that.

Shan said...

Awesome! I mean... um... I'm pretty sure that photo is from Santa Monica or the surrounding area. Looks totally familiar.

amanda said...

i didn't think wyatt could get any cooler.

he just did.

ps - friday? yes!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...