Thursday, June 2, 2011

and in that corner

Lucky she's cute,


because she's physically abusive. (Look at how she manhandles a Ritz.)

She lures me in with her twinkling eyes, then grabs one fist full of my hair with her left hand (and I swear, she wraps it around her fist) and with her right hand, she grabs my nose and rakes her little fingers up and down until she sees blood or I start screaming.

And now I have a hickey on my boob.
(No, I will not be posting a picture of my boob)


This girl is a super distracted nurser. If she even hears the slightest bump, she pops off to take a look. She stretches her back and neck as long as she can and surveys to see if anyone is in her vicinity. If they are, she'll flash them one of her gummy smiles, kick her feet a little bit and then suddenly remember, 'oh yea, I was doing something here,' then hastily starts sucks away again.

Except she doesn't always make it to, you know...where she's suppose to suck, and let me tell you, she has one powerful suction.

If you happen see me around with scabs on my face and bruises on my chest, I'm just letting you know it's from the cute one in the corner.

11 comments:

MommyLisa said...

Oh I remember all that! ;)

Janelle Halverson said...

She sure is a cutie!!

Liz Mays said...

My little guy was always distracted too, and it HURTS when they stop sucking quick like that!

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

Oh man, I don't know how you handle the abuse. Yikes. I breastfed for a month but had to stop because of some medical reasons (basically my son was allergic to my breastmilk and to this day only drinks soy and has a host of other allergies), and honestly, it was a bit of a relief to quit because it was quite uncomfortable!

KristinFilut said...

Hahaha! I hope you don't have a doctor's appointment soon! They may look at you funny when you answer "Yes" to the "Do you feel safe at home?" question....

Mimi N said...

Oh my goodness, I know it's painful, but I miss those days! She is SO adorable! I miss being in the baby years. I really do!

~Mimi

Capital Mom said...

Love the photo of her attaching the cracker. :-)

amanda said...

oh man is she cute!!

ps - i am in the doghouse huh? our friday date? i missed it :( how long am i grounded? try again this friday? we have much to talk about.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, I had a hickey or two from the girls as well. Once I got one on my SIDE! Ouch.

Nat once drew blood in my nose, too!

These girls, they don't mess around, do they?

Shan said...

Allow me to say at least she pops off to check out the haps! Not that I've escaped the boob hickie (it was an unfortunate nighttime incident that I apparently slept through?!?).

I remember feeling slightly offended the first time I heard "it's a good thing she's cute" about Mad. I can't remember why I felt that way... In any case, Edi is a-freaking-dorable.

And, because I keep getting cut off from commenting, please know that your last post had me rolling, especially number 10. So glad you got out last weekend. I did not get out (of my pajamas), but that wasn't such a bad deal either.

Emmy said...

LOL! I am laughing because it is all so familiar and true. I am just glad I don't have as strong of a let down as I did with my oldest-let's just say when he got distracted-which he always did- I and he would end up very wet.
I have a nice little scab right over my lip-Ryder is obsessed with my teeth and always trying to see them even if it means opening my mouth himself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...