Tuesday, June 14, 2011

ten

I'm pissed. My baby is 10 months old today. Yep, I'm a little pissed about her nearing the 1 year mark, but what I'm most mad about is the nagging little voice in my head 'nine months to put it on, nine to take it off'.

Whatever.

I clearly missed the mark.

Where's the unless you've had four kids... are over thirty... really like Oreo's exceptions.

I'm sort of in the mood where I say f* it.

So I signed up for a 10K, because even though I'm the girl that would walk the mile physical fitness test while my PE teacher yelled from the sideline 'hurry it up, Buns!', I sort of (gasp) like running now.

And even if I'm not the weight I'm suppose to be... I use to be. I don't look like I use to look.

I can run.

Faster and farther than I could in high school.

Screw the scale.

Screw the books that put that little '9 months on, 9 months off' crap into my head.

Rant done.

Sorry.

15 comments:

Joanne said...

I so understand your post (took me oh... 2.5 years to take off the weight... my kid is 2.5...). Why is that that running back in high school was such torture and it is actually (gasp) enjoyable now?? Never thought in a million years I would say that. Good luck on the 10K!

Caitlin {Pacifier In My Pocket} said...

Wowza, nine months to take if off? Really? It took me two years, sheesh!

Let it take however long it takes, as long as you are making small strides along the way. And a 10K is a heck of a stride, no matter what the scale says!

Janelle Halverson said...

You go!!!! Love this post!

Emmy said...

I've never heard that 9 month thing- and well I missed it by three months and then some as yea I am not doing much about it.

MommyLisa said...

I took it off, quit breastfeeding at 22 months and packed it all back on. Phhht.

Mrs. M said...

Kudos to you!

Liz Mays said...

That's ambitious! I would have signed up for a 5K first, and even that I would have walked!

amanda said...

dude whoever coined that phrase should be smacked!!

{i want to say something more violent but i am trying to be nice}

Sister1 said...

Me, you and Joanne! My weight returned to normal about 1 year after my 2nd daughter but things will never the same (9 months or 9 years from now). BUT, I am MUCH stronger and LOVE running now. That is worth much more than any rule of thumb. That is worth an oreo in my book!

darcie said...

good for you - running a 10k! I need to do that - and soon...but...I've only had two kids and I have issues with um...running...as in...my bladder running when it shouldn't...
:sigh::

I'll cheer you on though!

KristinFilut said...

Seriously, i just saw you a couple of weeks ago and I thought you looked insanely good! Waaay better than me, with 2 kids, and the youngest is 10. (years, not months)

Unknown said...

I'm down to my pre-baby weight, can eat a package of Oreos in two sittings (only because Hubs would judge if I ate them all at once) and if I ran a mile right now I would probably pass out on the sidewalk. Moral of the story: I am going to be a fatty in about three years. FATTY.

Shan said...

You're awesome, and that's all that really matters.

Can't wait to hear how the race goes!

Unknown said...

I have yet to be my pre-Isabella weight...

Now that we're officially done having babies I'm hoping to get there. Eventually!

And a 10K? You honey? Rock in my eyes!

xo

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

10K...that's awesome!

(And, seriously, how are these girls 10 months already? )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...