Wednesday, June 22, 2011

we're (still) not famous

Henry is fascinated with being famous, at least the idea of being famous. From the back seat of the minivan, he'll ask about someone one the radio, 'how famous is she?'. I don't want him to think of being famous as something to achieve to be, you know... so I generally, the loving mother that I am, try to scare him... 'pretty famous, but so famous they get chased by people... sometimes people want to hurt them; steal their money, break into their homes, have lies told about them'.

He turns to look out the window contemplating what I just told him, or so I think.

He chimes in 'but I wonder how much money she has, do you think it would be in a pile as tall as our house? That would be so cool!'


Apparently, I need to work on my scare tactics.


(And no, Henry isn't on television, just practicing up before a local parade goes live.)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! I like his way of thinking--I would love to have a pile as tall as my house all in cash...

ps-LOVE the picture! He melts my heart :)

Sister1 said...

Yeah, I would say you really need to ramp up the scare factor. He looks both comfortable and like a total natural.
-Lesa

Shan said...

Oh man, he's looking so much older.

And with age comes the ability to maintain his train of thought, I see.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I love him. Even at his age he knows it all comes back to the mighty dollar. :) I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm following you on twitter and GFC. Yes, I'm totally stalking you.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

citymouse said...

My husband has spent the past 24 years telling our kids, "I'd rather you be rich than famous". I think he watched too many VH1 Behind the Music episodes in college.

Emmy said...

Lol! Yes well I might take being famous over what my son wants to be- a garbage man- way to aim high my son.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Well, you know, a pile of money as tall as your house sure would be nice!

amanda said...

seriously every time you post a henry story i fall more in love with him. seriously honey. he is all sorts of awesome :)

Anonymous said...

I just enrolled my little Anne in a dancing class got from www.dailyminneapolis.com and she's doing great! And she loves it! She kept on saying she'll be famous and I said yeah go for it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...