Thursday, February 24, 2011

from me, from you

I give myself a big pat on the back every day when I'm sitting behind the driver's wheel come 8:36am. That means that I (I mean 'we'... I'm not too competitive) made it! I've somehow successfully gotten five kids out the door and on our way to being on time for school.

Yes, some days I'm all sorts of awesomeness.

Honestly though, I'm happy that I'm there in the morning; that I'm the one whispering good morning to them as I open the door, that I'm there listening to Henry practice his Chinese online, that I can help Wyatt pull his shirt over his head, that I can 'baby shave' the cereal off Edy's face.

I love that I can slide a plate across the counter and that they have a breakfast to kick start their morning, from me.

Today, 1 out of 4 children live in homes where food isn't always there, that's roughly 17 million children... just in the United States. Think about walking into your child's classroom and knowing that a quarter of them might not have had anything to eat this morning... last night... in the past few days.

But we can help.

From January 26 to July 31, 2011 you can upload photos or descriptions of your breakfast at ShareYourBreakfast.com or text your photo with the word “Share” to 21534.

Each time you do, Kellogg will donate to Action for Healthy Kids and, in turn, they will get more breakfasts to kids in school.

The goal is to increase school breakfast participation by getting one million breakfasts to the kids who need it most during the 2011-2012 school year.

1 breakfast from you = 1 breakfast for a child

You don't need to sign up for anything.

You don't even have to leave your email.

But you will be giving a breakfast to someone that might be sitting in a classroom, hungry.

A breakfast, from you.

*

To learn more about this program; how to get involved, how to get your school involved, be part of the Kellogg Virtual Breakfast on TheMotherhood.com. The virtual breakfast will be Tuesday, March 1st at 11:30am-12:00pm ET. Register to join us here or if you can't make it, leave a question or two.

Find out what each of us can do to help end childhood hunger.


Disclosure: I'm being compensated by Kellogg's and TheMotherhood.com, thank you. I'm happy to participate in such a worth-while campaign! Photo credit to TheMotherhood.com.

12 comments:

MommyLisa said...

Boo Boo had mango for breakfast. I am all kinds of awesome at cutting them up. ;)

Aryn said...

That's awesome! I can't wait to share this!
-A

Unknown said...

This is awesome - thanks for sharing it! My Little Sis (BBBS) often doesn't have breakfast before school in the morning and accepts it as part of normal life, which always upsets me.

Emmy said...

What an awesome easy way to help. And that stat is so sad

mommytoalot said...

I agree..what a great way to help.
I will do that for Monday.
...

Shan said...

You *are* all kinds of awesomeness.

I would have LOL'd at baby shaving the cereal, but Fynn's nap/nursing right now (I swear my other kids weren't up to this this late in the game!). So in my head I was ROFL.

amanda said...

thanks for sharing...

amanda said...

u have an amazing heart.

Felicia said...

Can't wait to meet you there :)

Jen said...

I used to skip breakfast every morning just because I didn't want to eat that early. Now I can't survive the day without it. This sounds like a great cause.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a great program.

Most of our kids don't get it breakfast at home, bu they are fortunate to get the free ones at school.

Liz Mays said...

I LOVE what they're doing. It's such an easy way to help!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...