Monday, February 7, 2011

Our Father, who art in Evan

Henry is suppose to start memorizing his first prayer, which seems a little *late* to me. Me, I remember being made to memorize multiple prayers in first grade, traumatized by having to repeat them word for word in front of my classmates, a sticker chart marking my memorization ability, me being in last 'place'. That damn sticker chart hanging on the door taunting me that I was no good at memorization.

Wait... I shouldn't probably say 'damn'.

Darn Catholic guilt.

Anyway, after church today, Henry was in the backseat reciting to us what he remembers, trying to ensure that he is getting some special treat his Sunday school teacher is bringing in for all her students who are able to memorize the first two line (yes, I said 'two'... two stinkin' lines and he gets a treat!) by next week.

The Lord's Prayer per Henry

"Our Father, who art in Evan
Halloween in name"

(gulp)

I think we might need to work on this a wee bit this week.

*

Alka-Seltzer is hosting a Said/Heard Mishap contest on their facebook page, visit it here. The winner will receive - a trip to New York City to star in an Alka-Seltzer online video featuring their entry, - the winning spot will premiere on the Alka-Seltzer Facebook page, - PLUS $5,000 to spend on whatever they wish! (Promise to take me if you win, I love NYC... I'd like 5k too though, you pick!)

Abbreviated contest rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.), 18 years or older. Contest ends 2/25/11. To enter and for Official Rules, including prize description, visit here. Void where prohibited.

Disclosure statement: I am being compensated for this post by TheMotherhood and the Alka-Seltzer brand, thank you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mallory says, "Our Father, who art in Kevin..."

Mandy said...

LOL I love kid prayers. :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That is awesome! I bet he gets an extra treat for that.

Liz Mays said...

That is so silly!

Emmy said...

Lol! Best prayer ever

Unknown said...

LOL. Perhaps his teacher needs to enunciate? That is too funny!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Hilarious!

amanda said...

could you please make a little henry flip book?

seriously.

i heart him!

Penelope said...

Our Father Who Art in Heaven
Howard by the Name :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...