Wednesday, February 23, 2011

and here is my ticket to hell

Wyatt's newest thing is that his bones are breaking. "I can't walk, my bones are breaking" and throws himself on the ground (or would throw himself on the ground if the place where he wants to throw his tantrum is clean and not wet, because he *hates* being wet or being dirty, ever.)

All five of us are heading into church, slightly late because well, there's five of us going to church on Sunday morning, timing is all relative, right? We are picking up the pace as we head closer towards the entrance.

Wyatt stops about half a block before getting to the front door. "My bones are breaking, carry me!" I roll my eyes and grab his hand "no, you are fine".

"I can't walk" Wyatt screams.

"You can and you will" I respond and keep walking away from him.

He still stands there, halfway between the car and the front door.

I turn around, smile and wave to him.

A passerby laughs saying "we've all been there... I like that you waved".

I chuckled a little with her.

Wyatt has now moved behind a light pole, like his body is thin enough that I will not be able to see him. He probably thinks that I should just forget about him 'he must have just gone back to the car, turned on the tunes and is kicking back until we return from church'. Because, he would think that. This is Wyatt I'm talking about.

Both of us are sticking to our guns.

Unfortunately, the clock is ticking and I need to get Wyatt in for Sunday school.

I walk up to him and grab him by the sleeve. He pulls his arm into his jacket. He's screaming "I can't walk... I can't walk!"

I keep dragging him up the stairs, towards the front door, when finally he throws himself down on the ground (remember, clean and dry). His coat is halfway on, his shirt is pulled up and his stomach is showing. He's still crying "I can't walk, my bones are broken, you *have* to carry me!"

I'm breathing deeply, trying not to scream at him in the house of God (Amen).

He's still crying... and crying.

Then a woman rolls up. Yes I said, rolls up, because she's in a wheelchair.

Wyatt's crying and yells to anyone that will listen "I can't walk... my bones are broken".

Swallow me up, I'm going to hell right then as my child tells this poor older woman that *he* can't walk.

It only continues to get worse.

She makes him an offer...

"I'll trade you my one good leg for both of yours" she says with a wink, "Ha-ha!"

I grab Wyatt by the arm again, pull him up and run away as fast as I possibly can walk away, not before thanking her for being so sweet to my son though.

A son that will be taking me to hell (probably) in the very near future.

15 comments:

Gaspegirl said...

hehehe... I hope you don't mind that I am laughing but I must confess that it is nice to know that this stuff happens to others too.

Visiting from SITS, make it a great day!

MommyLisa said...

OMG What IS IT with "I can't WAAAAAAAALK! CARRY MEEEEEEE!"

bleh.

That was funny though, the lady in the wheelchair had a good sense of humor.

Capital Mom said...

Oh man! I say next time suggest he drag himself with his arms then. You know, until they break too. :-)

KristinFilut said...

That persistant little turkey!

Liz Mays said...

LOL, so much of what you said is pure mom! LOVE IT!

LutherLiz said...

It is like looking into the future. a horribly true hilarious future.

Emmy said...

Oh Alex does the exact same things, except her legs are asleep! She has ended up truly hurting herself several times thanks to her dramatic dropping onto the ground. I have just walked away many times and then she just screams louder and will crawl or drag herself towards me. I am yet to give in to her antics yet she still does it.

AiringMyLaundry said...

LOL!!

My daughter's excuse is, "My feet really hurt."

Anonymous said...

Oh this is too funny!!!!. My reply which will lead me to Hell someday I'm sure is, "fine. Stay there. I'm going in and you will get taken by strangers and you will never see me again. bye."

So far there have not been any Amber Alerts.

I know people look at me funny when in say this, but I don't care. I also do not have a back up plan if either girl would ever test my threat.

Amen to that.

Erin said...

My Wyatt has what we refer to as "broken leg syndrome". He LOVES to get all floppy when we really need to get somewhere. Being 2 and non-verbal makes it even more awesome...

Shan said...

Hang in there, Mama! One of my friends has a theory that kids acting up bothers the parents a heck of a lot more than any other parents nearby. I tend to agree. We've all been there.

amanda said...

your children absolutely make me giggle. which i know isn't fair bc it's usually at a point where you would like to scream.

Unknown said...

Oh, my gosh - I have no idea how I missed this post, but I'm so glad I finally saw it! I've been holding my hand over my mouth because I feel bad for laughing as hard as I am. What a stinker!

Babybear Scraps said...

Is this a second child thing? My first never did it but my second (now 4) begs to be carried EV-ER-Y-WHERE.

Penelope said...

I think others who have been through it get it

Penelope

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...