Tuesday, February 15, 2011

don't dare call him a butt man

When I found myself sitting on the couch, listening to my husband tell me 'You'll be getting your Valentines tomorrow', I didn't freak out (because, no... I didn't have a gift per se), I just decided to make sugar cookies for him for Valentine's Day. Nothing says I love you more than homemade cookies, no?

The sugar cookies were coming along nicely, the kids were 'helping' with pouring in the flour and dumping in the sugar, licking and dipping their fingers in the sugar like Fun Dip's Lick-a-Stick.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the heart cut-out. I rummaged through the drawers only to come up with a Christmas stocking and a pear shape. Now, I consider myself a fairly resourceful girl, if I don't have corn starch, use flour... that kind of stuff. So, I decided just to grab a measuring cup and cut out big circles instead.

Then I decided that these babies needed a little pizazz, a little something that says love you, that these cookies are specifically *for* Valentine's *for* you! I looked through the cupboard, I came up with red and pink Dots candy and pink heart-shaped marshmallow.

Perfect.

I pulled out the pan of nearly done cookies and added candy and marshmallows, adorable.

At the two minute timer, I pulled out the pan to admire my beautiful (and genius) cookie designs.

(all the while dreaming that I might be the next big cookie designer... marshmallows and cookie dough... has to be awesome!)

Then I looked down at the cookies and realized that I was looking at a pair of boobs.



Perhaps the perfect (albeit unintentional) Valentines cookies for my husband.

12 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Haha! Hope he loved them both! :)

Jen said...

They're perfect! (You don't have to admit it was accidental.)

Shan said...

LOL, too funny!

MommyLisa said...

Bwah-haha! Love them.

Liz Mays said...

That made me burst out laughing!!!!

Unknown said...

Those would make my husband very very happy!!!

Everyday Mama said...

LMAO! I'm sure he loved them :) Stopping in from SITS!

Emmy said...

Lol! If you had just given him one or three it might not have looked so obvious :)

amanda said...

awesome.

just awesome.

Kara @ His, Hers and Ours said...

Classic! And how Valentien's Day appropriate! *ahem*

:)

citymouse said...

The things we do for our men (even by accident!) True love is grand.

Unknown said...

What is up with the missing posts? I'm blaming it on Blogger. I'm stealing the Boobie Cookies idea for next year. I'll have to send you a picture of my unfinished Valentine as soon as I finish it...which will be never.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...