Monday, January 24, 2011

lucky number 7

My eyes popped open at 6:47 this morning. I forgot to hang up the birthday banner. How did I forget to hang it up? I've managed to remember it for every child, mine or not, on their birthday, but I forgot on my first-born's 7th birthday. I rummaged through the birthday box in the closet under the stairway until I found it, PJs still on.

I didn't have a cake for you, we always have a child care birthday party and the only thing I could come up with, from the cupboard, were blueberry muffins. And I didn't even have any birthday sprinkles, but I'm lucky, it didn't seem to bother you.

It might have bothered a six year old, but not you, not this big seven year old.

Taxes, work, babies, birthday parties, blogging... I feel like I don't have my $hit together.

I'm sorry, Henry.

7 is my lucky number, let me just get use to it for a bit.

9 comments:

Aryn said...

I JUST realized what day it was when I looked at Aurora's birthdate on Wade's Facebook! Happy birthday, Henry! So sorry we didn't call today, but we'll do it tomorrow, for sure. XO - A&B

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday to your Lucky 7 year old!!

Unknown said...

Hey, he's wearing a crown! That makes up for the lack of birthday sprinkles by about a gazillion. Birthday sprinkles disappear, but you can wear a crown all day long. =)

Anonymous said...

hope it was a great day and I hope you got you card

amanda said...

happy seven :)

you have no idea how lucky you are to call my friend beth your mama!

xoxo

ps - i just reread your last post and my cheeks hurt from laughing. again. thank you. i needed the smile break.

Emmy said...

Happy Birthday to your guy! Glad he was okay with everything.. it really is nice when they are easy going like that :)

Shan said...

Whoo! He looks older.

Don't be too hard on yourself. I don't know if you've noticed, but this parenting three kids thing is rough!

Mrs. M said...

I think blueberry muffins are a delicious birthday treat! :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Happy, happy birthday, Henry. (Hope you but me a break for being like a week late)!.

Hope the muffins and banner were the perfect start to your day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...