Tuesday, January 11, 2011

does your backhand hurt?

I was standing there in front of the soda fountain machine contemplating my *reward* for grocery shopping (because yes, I deserve a reward for having to do such a horrible, mundane task weekly). So, I'm contemplating between the 32oz. Diet Coke and the 440z. one, they're both 99 cents... they're all 99 cents when it's an actual temperature of 8 below outside.

I know I could easily finish all 44 oz., with all the 'sips' that my boys beg off of me, but it's just so massive, it's like saying 'hello, here's my drink, here's me... yes, the one behind the cup.'

I ultimately pick the 32oz. size one, like always. I'm reasonable, like always (unlike what my husband might tell you).

I'm standing behind a man taking sips from my glorious cup when he turns around, looks at me, turns back to the register and then turn around to look at me again.

I look down to see what exactly I might have on my shirt.

He says "You know who you look like? That girl from that show... House. You look just like that doctor's girlfriend."

I smile at him through my straw and respond "You know, I don't watch the show, but I'll take it as a compliment. Thank you!". She's an actress, on television, she's obviously attractive, right?!

So, I sat here today, thinking about that guy in the convenience store and decide to google what cute little woman I might possibly look like.

And guess what I've come up with, it looks like I'm so-called 'twins 'with Sela Ward. Who is absolutely beautiful, gorgeous, talented...


and named one of the hottest women over fifty.

Umm, over fifty? I'm 34, not 54, not even 44.

Maybe that guy in the convenience store was thinking of an episode where Sela Ward went back in time, like by 20 years or so, where she was all this cute little 30-something.

I'm grasping at straws here, people.

14 comments:

Mrs. M said...

She looks young - YOU look young!! Not a day over 29! :)

Unknown said...

I'd take it. I don't care if someone says I'm a dead ringer for Sophia Loren at this point - she might be 80, but she's a really good-looking 80!

Mandy said...

She looks great! Take it the compliment.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Well, she doesn't look that old....and, unless I am mistaken Sela Ward isn't his girlfriend on House...it's somebody else.

Jen Westpfahl said...

1. Sela Ward looks WAY younger than 50.

2. I think he actually meant Lisa Edelstein: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm218011904/ch0015932. Yes, she's older than you but beautiful with striking eyes like yours.

3. I love the title of your post.

citymouse said...

I'd take it too. All the women on that show are hot. It'd have been different if he had said Susan Boyle or something!

amanda said...

honey u r a gober - and totally hot!!

ps - joe brought home a pop from work..my little reward for surviving two snow days in a row. and tomorrow (they have already called school) i think target might be calling my name. you know as a reward!

Liz Mays said...

She looks amazing so accept that one for all its worth!

Mnmom said...

citymouse - the other day my kids told me I look like Susan Boyle (hanging my head in shame and frustration)

Both Sela Ward and Lisa Edelstein are cuties so enjoy the compliment!

Capital Mom said...

Maybe there is an even younger, hotter actress on the show? and you look exactly like her!

Emmy said...

Well I got told I look like a pregnant 16 year old-the star of Juno. So can go either way. And she is beautiful and I had no clue she is that old and he probably doesn't either

Shan said...

You know how guys are. He probably wasn't looking at your face. *The soda* He was distracted by the soda!

Anyway, except that she was a grown up some show when I was a very young adult-like person, I would never guess that she's 40, let alone over 50.

dahozho said...

At least you weren't being called your childrens' GRANDMOTHER.

Don't get me wrong. Grandmothers are wonderful in so many different ways. But this is my SON.

(Ok, I'm touchy about this 'cause it first happened as I was in the wheelchair with my son leaving the *&(% hospital. I have contemplated saying "Can grandmothers do this?" and start to nurse the kid right there.)

There are worse things to be called or compared to! :)

Erin said...

Sela Ward from way back when she was on Sister's maybe? Either way- she's still hot. At 32 I have to say I rarely get out of mom mode long enough to compete with someone even twice my age. That's something I probably need to remedy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...