Thursday, January 13, 2011

know-it-all

"Wyatt is very particular about things" his preschool teachers have told us. He like to know the details of everything. Believe me, this has made for a mean game of the "whys" when he was younger, but he's seemed to have outgrown us needing to tell him the answers. Most of the time now, at 3 1/2, instead he has the answers to everything (also a very annoying trait to have).

So I admit it, I'm the mother of a know-it-all, others might prefer to call it a brat... I might call him a brat too, dependent on the day. Today not, Monday yes, without a doubt.

Wyatt brought home one of his pictures from school. He was very detailed in coloring the hands and feet green, making sure to stay in the lines as much as his little 3 year old fingers could and of course, he had to tell me exactly what was going on in the picture...


Wyatt: "The little one is Edy (obviously) and the middle one is Henry and that one (as he points with his head... weirdo) is Dad".

Me: "Really" I responded. "I was sure that it was you, Henry and daddy".

Wyatt: "No... I decided that Wu (that's him) and mommy are at Target".

Ah, yes.

The boy is definitely a know-it-all.

10 comments:

Aryn said...

Ha! Love it.

Mrs. M said...

At least you know he didn't forget about you! :)

KristinFilut said...

Hahaha! That is so cute! Is he mom's shopping buddy?

Emmy said...

Hey at least he knows what store is good

Liz Mays said...

Makes total sense. Ha!

Mandy said...

Awesome. :)

amanda said...

i've told you lately that i love him right?

bc i so so do :)

Shan said...

LOL. When Corey was in Pre-K and it was Mother's Day, the class walls were filled with hearts and lists of wonderful things about the kids' moms. You know... "My mommy says she loves me every day and buys me presents." "My mom's the best mommy because she plays games with me and lets me eat ice cream." Corey's said, "My mom loves Red Hot Chili Peppers and she takes me to my best store, Target." So... maybe I've seen you there.

Laural Out Loud said...

My daughter's also left me out of pictures she's drawn at school, but never with as good an excuse as your son's!

Danielle said...

Adorable! I have a "know it all" too, only she is eight and a bit more dramatic. Everything has to be just as she wants it. Its almost like she plans things out in her head and if things dont go as planned, the world may come to an end. I have no idea where she got that trait from, LOL, point to me. LOVE YOUR BLOG, come check mine out...
http://danielle-makingthemostoflife.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...