Wednesday, November 17, 2010

sock monkey

My sister and I have an idea for an invention for a nose warmer. It looks sort of like one of these Pee Pee Teepee things but with a large rubber band attached to it (yes, our patent is pending... don't think of stealing it).

The only problem is, even if we made it with some sexy lady cheetah print, it would still be, well, ugly.

But don't you love our resourcefulness. You have hats to keep heads warm, boots to keep your feet warm; what about our noses? You can only wear turtlenecks pulled over your nose so many times in a week until people start to think that you have A) a hickey (ah... high school) or B) something growing under there.

Yes, we are a resourceful bunch

and Wyatt is clearly my child.

He's into boxing right now, but no, I'm not going to get my three year old a pair of gloves to beat up his brother while his sitting helpless on the toilet. So, he takes off his socks, puts them on his hands and calls them his boxing hands.

Today, he decided that it would be fun to wear his boxing gloves for eating lunch.


Plus, he said that his hands were cold.

12 comments:

Mrs. M said...

My nose is freezing right now, I could sure use a nose warmer. :)

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

You and your son are both brilliant! Where can I buy one of those nose warmers?!

P.S. If you made them look like animal noses, would that be cuter? People wear animal ear hats ALL the time. I'll take 10% of the profits from that, thanks. ;)

Laural Out Loud said...

I know I'm weird, but I love a cold nose, lol. And socks have been used for worse in my house. I think it's darling that he's using them for boxing gloves! Though he might not like me using the word darling.

Mnmom said...

OK, I'll bite, what's a pee pee teepee?

My nose freezes, especially at night. I want someone to knit one for me.

Shan said...

Resourceful!

And how did you get him to eat pasta? Mad thinks it's evil stuff, no matter how we try serving it.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, that's some resourcefulness.

Now, about that cold nose...what about pulling your scarf up over it? Just an idea. I'm not from the north, so maybe it's stupid, but that's what I do.

Aryn said...

Seriously! My nose is SO COLD RIGHT NOW and I could definitely use a nose warmer.
I just LOVE the days I get a shout out on the blog. Maybe I'll FB it 'cause I'm just that excited about it.
Let's get to work on designs/brand. Maybe we can call it, "The Nosy Cosy" or something similar. They would make perfect holiday gifts!
XOXO - A

Unknown said...

The part about Woo beating up his poor potty-ing brother made me snort Sprite out my nose. It burns.
About The Nosy Cosy: you'd have to do something about the major rivers of snot that run out of childrens' noses. That could get really gross, really fast.

Emmy said...

Oh what a great idea! My nose is often cold. And I am impressed by his sock hand eating skills.

Sarah said...

Love your nose warmer idea - my nose gets soooo cold and I hate it! My boobs tend to get a little cold too though. Got a solution for that?

amanda said...

you and your sister are awesome.

natalee said...

AWWW hes adorable.. and im so buying your nose warmer

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...