Monday, November 8, 2010

I think a baby seal just died

If you guys all remember, I was part of this prenatal group care. It was 13 couples, nearly all of them pregnant with their first, meeting together monthly to talk about the woes of pregnancy (along with getting measured on a cot in the back of the room with the others pretending not to listen in on how much weight you gained in a month).

Well, I've been invited to a sort of reunion this upcoming weekend. I'm pretty sure nothing could be more fun than a bakers dozen of new mothers comparing babies, boobs and birth stories.

I think the whole scenario might look a little something like this:



(Watch it! I promise I would never post a video that wasn't hilarious and totally worth 3 minutes of your time)

And before you all call me out on the similarities of the Kate Gosselinish mom and myself; the similarities stop at having 3 kids, my son learning Mandarin and my really cool robot voice.


originally posted here

15 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I wanted to kill her!!!!!

Aryn said...

Ahahahahaha!

AWESOME!

westmetromommy said...

That was hilarious! I hope you don't mind, but I stole it for my blog!

Rebecca Jo said...

I dont even have kids & I was cracking up at this!!!!

when she said that about the baby seal... no really - a baby seal just died... I spit my Diet coke!!!

MommyLisa said...

Totally love that. :)

Shan said...

I saw this the other day. Totally didn't even think of you... but now that you mention the Mandarin... lol.

Emmy said...

Lol! I have seen this before, but always good to laugh again.

Unknown said...

I'll be honest and say that I alternated between laughing and wanting to punch my laptop.

LutherLiz said...

That is so funny (and sad) and funny!

amanda said...

holy crap. awesome. i needed that giggle tonight. thanks friend :)

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious and totally how it was in my mom group. It's hard to be friends with other moms when they don't parent similarly.

The Lady's Lounge said...

Does it make me a bad mom that when I saw the title of this post and laughed...hard?

DustieBottoms said...

Freaking FANTASTIC! Exactly why I shudder every time my husband mentions me trying to "play nice" with the moms at the park.

Although I do cloth diaper, but it's because I'm cheap, not so much green.

April @ Random said...

The video won't work for me. :( But I had a good laugh just reading the comments. :)

Laural Out Loud said...

I thought this was hilarious! I co-sleep, cloth diaper, breastfeed and do selective vaxing, and I have the opposite problem fitting in at the playground. I would never put our choices on anyone else- we all just do what works best for us. Screw the parents that try to make us feel inadequate!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...