Sunday, November 22, 2009

these are the things

I'm amazed at children's ability to do the splits with no effort (or strain) at all. I'm amazed that they can dance off beat, throwing their skirts into the air without a care to the hundreds that might be watching. I'm amazed that a 5 year old can learn Chinese, that they see the subtle differences in one character versus another.

These are the things I can't do at 33, but these are the things that children can do, they are amazing, aren't they?

This is one of those, I'm blogging what I want to because it's my blog moments (and no one reads blogs on weekends anyways). I'm not bragging, I'm just wanted to post something of just how incredible kids are, their capacity for everything is well, amazing.


*Henry 10 weeks into Chinese Immersion*

(I can't get my youtube video to work... I've linked it...sorry).

16 comments:

Wisconsin Parent said...

hello...i'm blogging before the football game. :-) (lame, i know) NEVER EVER try to do a cartwheel over 30. Unless you want to go straight to Urgent Care!

Liz Mays said...

I'm reading your blog on the weekend! :) Children really are blessed with the ability to pick things up so easily. It's fascinating!

Unknown said...

Kids are like sponges, soaking in everything spontaneously. It's so not fair!

amanda said...

crazy. amazing. awesome.

love it friend. just love it.

Rebecca said...

That video is amazing!

Rebecca said...

p.s. I only blog on the weekends.

Carma Sez said...

So true. IF we don't work at it our flexibility is gone before we know it. I was sitting on the floor at my dance class stretching when I realized I can barely get my legs beyond a "V" - pretty pathetic!

tori said...

we should blog about what we want anyways...right? Amazing how much Henery knows already. That is awesome! will he do that all through his school years?

Shan said...

Sometimes I am a little wistful that I have somehow squashed that child within, because I *used to* do those things, too.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I agree.

It is amazing what children can do.

(And how quickly they can make a mess...)

Aryn said...

Wow! I am so impressed with him! He is definitely better at characters than I am already, and most probably conversationally too. That is AWESOME!
-A

LutherLiz said...

very impressive! :)

Marketing Mama said...

Wow - that's so great! Love it! What a smart one you have there.(And I catch up on weekend posts on Mondays. Usually.)

:)

Emmy said...

Awesome!
And you are right, kids really can do so many things and so easily!

Allison said...

That is absolutely amazing! You do have amazing kids and you are an amazing mom!

Heidi said...

WOW! I can't believe how well he is doing! And how cool that he is speaking chinese!

So just becuase I'm curious, how's he doing on learning Chinese and English? Do they teach them English words and letters along with the Chinese? If so I can't believe how much information he is absorbing.

I have to agree with you, it is soooo much fun to watch how kids can pick up this so much. They are wonderful little creatures to watch grow and learn. I can't imagine life without them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...