Wednesday, June 17, 2009

tomorrow

Blah, blah, blah, she's talking about surrogacy again. This is what I'm worried about, that I'm going to bore you once again, but then I remembered that this is my blog, read it if you want, skip over me in your reader if you are sick of hearing about it. Actually, I tried to come up with some witty little post about the going-ons of my children, but I'm just too excited to really be creative.

My surrogate-son, Ari and his mother are visiting me tomorrow.

The last time I saw him was when he was 10 days old. The only time I cried was that day, when I wondered if I would ever see him again, if I was someone significant in his life or just some stranger whose name might or might not come up in conservation.

The last time I saw him I wondered if I would actually keep in contact with his mother, that I might know that in another country, he was asleep in his bed, safe with his family and nothing had come even close to harming him.

I just needed to know that he was safe, alive and loved. Just like he had been with me for 9 months.


Tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will get to 'meet' him again, at three-years-old.

I will not be a stranger and I will get to witness him safe, alive and loved, once again.

12 comments:

The Rambler said...

Oh wow.

please do tell how it all goes after seeing him again!!

btw..not sure why my page takes forever to load for you...:(

Lori said...

I am so happy for you. This is incredibly huge. Enjoy it!

Aryn said...

So exciting!!!!!

4luvandlife said...

i can't wait either!

great pictures on the right, btw.

amanda said...

a) i never get "tired" of hearing you talk about the greatest gift you have ever given to another mother - it's one of the many reasons i love you.

b) have soooo much fun and enjoy every single second of this big moment. you deserve it. soak it up!

c) i will be thinking of you! xoxo

Marla said...

that's really cool... hope it is as wonderful as you hope...

Rebecca said...

I hope you share how it went. Thinking of you...

Maggie May said...

How amazing. I had no idea. COngratulations on seeing him again:)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Wow! I can't wait to hear all about it. How special for all of you.

Corine (@ComplicatedMama) said...

THAT's AMAZING!:)

You have every right to be excited, I look forward to reading all about it!!

amanda said...

it's me again. hope you don't think it's weird - but i was thinking of you today.

hope everything went ok last week :)

Miss Lisa said...

How did it go?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...