Tuesday, June 23, 2009

a letter

Dear Ari,

I'm so happy, happy that I was able to see you. You are now three-years-old and repeatedly let us all know that you are a big boy. I showed you a picture that sits on my sideboard taken of you the day you were born and you refused to believe that that picture was you, I just smiled.


I loved having you in my home, playing with my two boys. You called them 'your boys'. You fit in perfectly, just like a sibling would and that warms my heart even still, the day after your departure.

Your trip provided a peace for me, thank you. I'm now comfortable with knowing that I might not ever see you again in person, because I see that you are secure, confident, bright, charming and certainly on your way to being a wonderful man.

You made me once again feel that pride I felt the day that you were born. I'm proud of you. I'm proud of myself for having been a surrogate. I'm proud of your mother and father for the child they are raising. I'm proud of my family.

I cannot thank you enough for the experience you have given me, this experience has been an amazing gift.

With Love,
Your surrogate mother, Beth



my three boys

13 comments:

Mandy said...

:) So sweet.

Lori said...

That is so sweet!I am so glad that you had such a wonderful opportunity and that it was such a wonderful time for you. What an amazing woman you are! I am in tears just thinking about how full your heart must have been at that moment watching all the children together!

kristine said...

That is just beautiful. I'm glad you had the opportunity to see and spend time with your suro-son. You are amazing to me!
Thank you for sharing this.

amanda said...

beyond beautiful friend.

Capital Mom said...

I am so glad to hear that it went well. How wonderful to have had that time. And that all your boys got to be together.

Eve Grey said...

WOW, that's awesome!
(Also, i love your pics on the side roll, so green!)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

So sweet. I'm glad you got the opportunity and it was everything you hoped it would be.

Marketing Mama said...

So, so awesome!!! And I don't think you talk about being a surrogate too much at all!

Kristen said...

So thankful it went so perfectly! And that you have peace about him now. I have to admit I admire all that you have done.

Beautiful friend!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful, Beth. I have a feeling you'll see Ari again someday.

Anonymous said...

That's great! It's winderful that you have a sense of peace about where he is in life. And it's great that you were able to connect with the family again after 3 years. I hope for both families sake that this wasn't the last time you all got to be together!

The Rambler said...

I think it's such a gift any woman can give to another woman! You are amazing.

I'm so glad you got to see him again and all the boys got to play!

Aryn said...

That's very sweet, B. Good to see you and thanks again! -A

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...