Wednesday, June 10, 2009

be my friend

Yes, I understand that we might appear 'larger than life' strolling through the double doors of the library for family story time. Henry, the five-year-old leading the pack; Wyatt, the two-year-old possibly trying to push himself to the front instead and in the double stroller; the two other kiddos I watch, both one-year-old.

Yes, we might intimidate you with our huge bag full of diapers, wipes, extra underwear, extra pants, snacks and sippy cups for four little people and then on the other side balancing out the double stroller is a bag full of library books possibly with a few ripped pages taped back together with Scotch tape (in which I will not confirm or deny this was us).

Yes, I'm pretty certain that I might appear crazy, to attempt to go to story time weekly with four children, ages five and under and to expect each one of them to sit there quietly for 30 minutes using their inside voices.

But you know what; I'm not crazy, I shouldn't intimidate you and we are certainly not 'larger than life', so if you happen to notice that I have a sticker on my butt that says "Library Storytime - my name is Wyatt". Please pull me aside and let me know. I don't bite.

Next time, be my friend. I can't count on my husband to come home for lunch after weekly story times and inspect my butt for stickers, now can I?

*

Be my friend, if you haven't already,enter my giveaway

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, I'll be your friend!

Nobody told you about the sticker?! What's wrong with them??

Lori said...

Seriously, we moms need to stick together! Stickers I would point out. Miscellaneous drops of food I wouldn't. (Because then you might point out the food that's on me and I just choose to ignore it!)

Capital Mom said...

I'd be your friend. But I might not tell you about the sticker because it would be funny to see it on your butt.

amanda said...

i would soooo be your friend at storytime.

so much so, i would kindly remove the sticker from your butt and stick it to your forehead :)

see, that's me, a great friend!

Saz said...

love your last few posts..I shall return..

thanks!

A Crafty Mom said...

We could sit with our stickered butts beside each other while we stare at the EIGHT children we would have between the two of us. Library time would never be the same.

p.s. I am that mom that always tells you have a sticker on your butt, or the "hi my name is X" on your shirt :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I would have told you about the sticker...what meanies. I would have told you if I saw you in the parking lot, too. (However, I'm also the mom that would have boycotted the name tag in the first place!)

I bring two to story time and feel crazy sometimes...and I was the mom dragging a screaming kid out of the library. Fun!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I'll be your friend. I need some more friends. I would definately point out a sticker. I'd be all, "Erm...you have a sticker on your..." and I'd probably gesture to my backside because I don't think I could say the word "butt" to a stranger. Yes, I realize this makes me a nerd.

Aryn said...

Hey B, you've got a little something...right....there. Good.

Miss Lisa said...

I am totally your friend and would rip off that sticker! Same if you have something between your teeth, a left over curler in your hair or mismatched shoes--just promise you'd do the same for me ;)

Corine (@ComplicatedMama) said...

OMG that is hysterical.

Like Capital Mom, I have to say I probably would have let you walk with it on--- just for fun... and BECAUSE Im your friend ... you'd laugh with me. :)

Corine (@ComplicatedMama) said...

PS- I added a pretty lil button for your kick ass site on my blog roll tab.. check it out when you have a min.

Kristen said...

I love it!! And I promise that I would in fact be your friend!

Promise!! :)

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

I'll let you know! No prob!

Hee hee!

Rebecca said...

You need some friends to go with you to story time. I mean, friends besides your kids.

Anonymous said...

I'm so already your friend! And you wouldn't intimidate me if I saw you with your 4 kids. I would be more jealous then anything that you could manage four! I totally would have told you there was a sticker on your ass, just the same as if there was a boogie in your nose!

Carol said...

Oh no. I recenly wnet to church with Thomas stickers on my backside and nobody told me til church was over. And church is 3 hours long so people had PLENTY of opportunities.

Unknown said...

This is great...yay for mommies who take the kiddos to storytime! I totally would have told you about the sticker too, that's just mean.

Stopping in from SITS to say hi!

Unknown said...

Dont have kids so I cant relate but if I ever run into I will be sure to give a helping hand!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...