Monday, June 29, 2009

dirt cheap

If there is anything that you should already know about the Anti-Supermom family, it's that we are cheap. We don't want to spend tons of money on family vacations, we just want to fun and it be cheap - dirt cheap.


So our summer already has been filled with trips just a drive away - think Griswold family with a DVD player, just teasing. It's amazing some of the places we've been in just the last month:

Duluth, MN

Taylors Fall, MN


This is where we are going this 4th of July weekend.

Eau Claire, WI

and in two weeks:


Madeline Island, WI


You know where I'm going the end of July? BlogHer - in Chicago. (Cue the choirs singing, clouds separating, rainbow appearing - did I forget to mention I'm going without my kids.)

Seriously though, we are having such a good time on our weekend trips, maybe we'll go back to Chicago this summer, all four of us. After all it's just just a drive away.

Maybe your summer vacation can be Anti-Supermom family style (aka dirt cheap) too.

*

12 comments:

LutherLiz said...

Sounds like a great couple of trips.
I'm a big fan of the cheap vacation which is good since that will be the only option on the table for a LONG time :)

Ginger said...

Gorgeous travels! And you are so not anti-super! I'd say you pretty much have it all together, from the looks of things here.. LOVE the logo, though!

Stopping by from SITS to say hello!
Ginger

amanda said...

love the duluth trip - we did it last summer! did you drive up the "coast" to eat at that pie place?? yummo!!

and i soooo want to do madeline island - it looks amazing!!

4luvandlife said...

i'm frugal, you're cheap.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Cheap is good! And, those are some great pictures.

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to go to Eau Claire. For a few years it was rated as the safest place to live in the country. And it's gorgeous. And you will absolutely love Chicago!

Capital Mom said...

Those look like some good trips. I would love to win the Chicago contest but it isn't open to Canadians. :-( I have been once and would love to go again!

Kekibird said...

Love the pictures. I'd love to be a dirty cheap vacation person but after a recent camping trip to Big Bear here in Southern California, I've come to realize I'm a spoiled brat and I like running water and sleeping in a room rather than a tent... I guess I can cheapen it up by going 3 star rather than 5 star :o)

Visiting from Mama Kat's.

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Stopping in from Mama Kat's. I'm all about dirt cheap!! Love the Griswold's reference, too. :)

Tracy P. said...

Well look at that! Came from Mama Kat's and I see that you're from somewhere around my neck of the woods. Literally. Because I have dirt-cheaped around all those places. Except Madeline Island, so thanks for the heads up about that!

Doodles said...

Love it we always seem to get in some dirt cheap trips.

Anonymous said...

Dear Author www.antisupermom.com !
In it something is. Now all became clear, many thanks for an explanation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...