Friday, December 16, 2011

the deer one

Wyatt gave me a present for Christmas. No, I haven't opened it yet, but it's an ornament.

I know, not because I have x-ray vision, like I try to convince my children I do, but I know because Wyatt is so sly. "It's made out of glass, Mom"... "or it's not". "OK, I'll tell you, it's an ornament"... "or maybe it's *not* an ornament". "You guess!"

Of course, I guess things like a snotty Kleenex or a shark, or a half eaten peanut butter sandwich because I won't dare guess an ornament.

The card is adorable though, reindeer painted by him and inside is a note about this present being from my little 'deer'.


Wyatt said "Do you get it, Mom?" Yes, I do... thank you very much.

Climbing into the van after preschool, I asked him to explain what he painted...

"Here's me, the one with the red nose, I'm Rudolph". As he points with his finger, moving along, "then there's you, and Dad, and Edy."

I look at him, my eyes giving him that little look, "But where's your brother? Where's Henry?"

Wyatt responds "He's just gone, he's not there".

I poked at him a little with a giggle and a "well, why didn't you paint your brother?".

Wyatt settles down into his booster seat and slowly says "I'm not talking about this anymore."

So, our suspicions have been, apparently, confirmed.

Wyatt is (literally) planning on taking Henry out of the picture. (I'm teasing, of course, kind of.)

All of his screaming at Henry... all of the jumping on him and kicking in his sides... every time he smothers him with a pillow during a so-called friendly pillow fight... has just be practice.

Oh yes, Wyatt, he's my 'deer' one.

11 comments:

Liz Mays said...

So stinkin' funny! He plots and waits for that perfect moment.

And the ornament...omg, this makes me want more kids!

Aryn said...

Hahaha! Oh Wu. But that card really is so cute.

Marie said...

Oh good grief, he's hilarious. He's quite the artist, too! I'm very impressed. :)

4luvandlife said...

You're pretty lucky to have that kid. Now it's just a matter of repeating that like a mantra :)

amanda said...

edible. seriously edible.

happy happy weekend friend!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Seriously "we aren't talking about this anymore!" That would kill me! Hilarious.

Shan said...

Muahahahaha.

Seriously, that's funny. Do you find that your internal mantra is "Please don't let our family be on the news, please don't let our family be on the news"? No? Just me?

AiringMyLaundry said...

What a sweet card! Aww!

Galit Breen said...

Hee! I love absolutely everything about this post. {That is all. :) }

Unknown said...

You crack me up!

This has me grinning from ear to ear. Our sneaky little ones :)

Emmy said...

He's just gone- too funny. And yes, kids can't help but give clues like that. Can't wait to see your half eaten sandwich ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...