Tuesday, December 6, 2011

a career you can count on

We walked into the Dollar Store to get ribbon and wrapping paper for the one, yes, as in singular, present that I had purchased up to this point, because I'm (obviously) super on top of Christmas presents and wrapping and all that other stuff.

*sigh*

Of course, at the Dollar Store you're almost obligated to get something for the kids if they are not scratching each other's eyeballs out and remaining, sort of, good while in the store.

"You both can pick out one thing" I nodded to them. It's a buck, it minor bribery in the grand scheme of bribery right now, i.e. Santa has some major pull right now in our house.

So, Henry picks out a flashlight to add to his growing collection of no-longer-working, cheap ass flashlights. I should have known...

And Wyatt, what did he pick? This balloons and pumper kit, for making balloon animals.

He's now foregoing his future as a garbage man, or the mail carrier, or Spiderman and concentrating on a career you can count on in this unstable economy, a future in his true calling:

Balloon Artistry.

Made completely by him, this is, as he calls it "the silly bike thing that clowns ride" or unicycle.


I'm sure that is obvious to you too.

10 comments:

KristinFilut said...

Seriously! You've bought ONE Christmas gift?!?! That's one more than me, sista!

And if Wyatt doesn't make bank selling his balloons, he could totally teach a balloon class...

Kate said...

The guy at the farmer's market has to retire eventually right?

amanda said...

hired!!

is he available next year for etta jane's party? how about lilly's? two for one special?

Shan said...

Did I ever tell you I worked as an interpreter for Deaf people? I did, and had to interpret a class called, "How to Become a Balloon Artist." I prepped by thinking of all the odd things that I've seen those guys make, but this turned out to be balloon art for events, like weddings, conventions and car sales. Apparently there is (was) big money in that field (in 1990-something). This is the site for the guy who taught the class: http://www.prosperballoons.com/tag/charles-prosper/. (Why do I remember this guy's name?!) According to his website, he's dapper in a tux and available for interviews. Maybe he can convince Wu to make a slight shift in his career focus.

Steph said...

lol! that's really pretty clever on his part! thanks for the chuckle this morning :)

Liz Mays said...

That's a career worth pursuing! Everyone loves a balloon man! ;) I have to say that the unicycle is recognizable, so I feel like he could make a go of this!

The Accidental Somebody said...

I've seen some pretty kick-ass balloon artists! You never know, he just might have a future with this!

Galit Breen said...

Ohmygoodness, I have a little guy who's obsessed with balloon and ball pumping so I get the magic here! Love!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I totally thought it was a unicycle! Pretty freaking awesome.

Unknown said...

That is so much awesomeness!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...