Thursday, September 22, 2011

where the magic happens

My husband offered to have my van washed and cleaned out as a present for my upcoming birthday. We are not talking about going through the Car Mart, but one of those fancy detailing places where they call you after your dropped your car off and tell you that they are 'going to have to charge extra for the the excessive amount of Goldfish stuck between your seats'. One of those car detailing places where they charge you over a hundred dollars.

So yes, in theory this could be a nice gift, but after spending every hour (damn you school and your late starts) for three hours yesterday, I decided that I think my van is already pretty awesome the way it is...

My beautifying station, complete with tweezers and gum wrappers,


because fresh breath can go a long way but shapely brows can go even farther. (And please tell me I'm not the only person who will tweeze their brows at stoplights).

The snack area:


Don't judge me... yes, I ate a full box of theater size Whoppers. Did you know that Whoppers are no longer being made? My hoarding them is therefore justified (right?).

Where my business transactions and receipts are kept:


Look closely, there are at least 4 receipts from McDonald's for a large Diet Coke, because you know, that's how I roll.

And of course, what everyone wants to see, the backseat, where the magic happens... and when I say 'magic' I mean where I spend years of my life buckling and unbuckling 5 little people. It's the second question people ask me when they see all of us strolling down the block, it's almost always following 'Oh my Gawd, are all of these kids yours?'.

What people are dying to know 'how do I fit them all in my van?'

So the answer is: very carefully (you can't even see the fifth car seat in this photo)


And getting every single one of these car seats out of the van for a real cleaning... thanks but no thanks, besides it's already (obviously) an organized traveling office and perfect personal space center.

8 comments:

MommyLisa said...

Awesome. I love your Van.

Shan said...

What?!? Whoppers are no longer being made? Thank gawd my dad and Margaret have a candy bowl stocked with Whoppers and full-sized Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!

PS I don't tweeze, but I floss, which I'm sure is much worse. Go ahead and judge. I'll just blind you with my dazzling smile.

L. Shanna said...

So many things to say:
1) No, Whoppers, No!
2) The car offers great natural light for tweezing
3) Get the car detailed. Make those bastards earn every penny of that $100
4) You are amazing!

darcie said...

Please. Tell me you are kidding about the whoppers.
Please?

KristinFilut said...

Bwahaha! I always say that my car is so messy because my kids have broken arms.

(P.S. Your van is way cleaner than my SUV)

Liz Mays said...

That's a home away from home in there!

McDonald's charges $1 for a large Diet Coke. I see why you buy those so often.

What's this Whoppers thing? How dare they?!

An Imperfect Momma said...

Your van? Looks perfectly fine to me. Mr. Man constantly complains about my car - but why mess with what works?

And. P.S. - they are no longer making whoppers? How is this not a national tragedy?! Must stop at store to find some

amanda said...

u make me giggle.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...