Tuesday, September 27, 2011

one of these is not like the others

I'll unpack Henry's lunch box at the end of the day and every once and awhile, there are the fruit snacks I sent with him, because he ran out of time to eat his entire lunch. Since he knows those are his dessert, he doesn't eat his fruit snacks until he finishes the rest of his lunch.

That seems pretty remarkable honest for a second grader.


We met with Wyatt's love, Ingrid for a little play date yesterday. She contemplated sitting next to him by putting her finger to her chin and said "no", but within two seconds, she was sitting next to him listening to the librarian read about a cat that thought the moon was a milk bowl.

We walked out of the library together, Ingrid's mom talking about how Ingrid needed to drive by our house to see where the mail went (and if you haven't seen the letter she sent him, it's here... it's adorable). Her mother joked that Wyatt had his first stalker, I laughed too and thought about how I would have probably done the same thing at four years old, because I'm weird.

Ingrid, the wonderfully shy, quiet, completely opposite to Wyatt, then spoke up... "I would like to go into your house too".

Wyatt responds "Come now, let's go!".

I shoot him down immediately with "not today, but that would be so fun (you know, the standard response). I'll email with her mom, OK?"

Wyatt turns the corner to sit at the table for our packed snack. Then I hear him chanting "ThatSucks, ThatSucks, ThatSucks". I stop him and ask him "what are you saying?" (And why does this always happen to me when other parents are standing behind me and thinking about how I'm the worst mother in the world because I obviously taught my son 'that sucks'.. ugg).

I bend over and look at him squarely, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, "What are you saying" I say. Maybe it's another one of his made up words like 'bibilicorn' (which means bike in case you are wondering).

I tell him to 'say it slowly'.

He looks at me and says "That. Sucks."

"Wyatt!" I scream, "that is not a nice thing to say... that's not something we say, ever"

Then he looks at me "but I was thinking about a straw, how am I suppose to talk about what a straw does?"

He got me again.
That sucks.

12 comments:

Marie said...

This is hysterical!

MommyLisa said...

Bwha ha ha ha. Love Wyatt.

An Imperfect Momma said...

Bahahaha!!! Love it! And bibilicorn? awesomeness

Mrs. M said...

Too funny! Hannah always leaves her dessert for last too! She didn't learn it from me. ;)

Janelle Halverson said...

bwwwwaaaahh!
Your hands = FULL!

4luvandlife said...

The spin doctor strikes again. It is scary how good he is at 4.

amanda said...

dude he is good.

and for the record we are making next summer happen. i *need* to see you again. and i have to see these little people of yours. they so make me smile :)

happy tuesday sweet friend.

Emmy said...

Lol! haha that is too too funny! So cute that he has a stalker

Liz Mays said...

Absolutely hilarious! I love him!

Shan said...

Yeah, I remember those conversations with Corey. I know I should feel more equipped for Mad and Fynn, but I'm not sure that's the case here.

PS I gleefully followed a trail of your posts that had "suck" in the title. I was a little bummed there were only two more offered up.

Unknown said...

Hahahahaha! I LOVE WYATT!

Jen Westpfahl said...

What a stinker!

Connor's new phrase is "Freaking idiot." A stern talking to has not ended its use. super.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...