Thursday, September 8, 2011

stale mail

Life has felt stale lately,

but sometimes exactly what you need falls into your lap (or into your mailbox).

::

Wyatt giggled from under the dinner table as I told my husband to read it to him again.

My four year old couldn't believe that he got real-life mail.

He climbed back onto his chair only to roll right off again in a fit of giggles and embarrassment.

"She said she loves me and wants to marry me"... "Wouldn't it be funny if she married Henry instead, Henry would be all 'and I looooove you'.

(giggle, giggle)

The actual letter we got last night, addressed to Wyatt (and I assume written by her mom *wink*)

Wyatt - I hope you have a good day and I love you and I want to marry you when I get taller

(my favorite part: 'when I get taller' so stinkin' cute)

Well, I love you so much I want to marry you. When I'm a bride we'll have cake, flowers and kiss

Signed,
Ingrid
(with an arrow pointed to the Ingrid stick person)

It's covered with stamps and what appears to be glitter nail polish, the only thing missing is the perfume.

sigh.

PS - I think I love her too.

17 comments:

An Imperfect Momma said...

Holy crap! So cute! I love that part too...when I get taller...LOL

Brooke said...

That is beyond adorable!!

Mrs. M said...

This Ingrid might be a keeper! :)

Mimi N said...

Oh my gosh, I love it!! So amazingly adorable!

~Mimi

Aryn said...

Ahh! I love it! SO love it!

LutherLiz said...

I certainly don't get mail that cool.

So cute!

Marie said...

Did you know that you were raising arm candy? :) This is adorable, and great fodder for when he's around 16.

So funny.

amanda said...

this is all sorts of awesome.

ps - tomorrow is friday!! yipppee!

L. Shanna said...

Oh Ingrid! That is so adorable.

Working Mommy said...

Oh my goodness - that is SO cute!!!

WM

Jenni said...

It doesn't get much cuter than that!!

KristinFilut said...

That may be the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Emmy said...

Wow! Now that is a letter! Too cute!

renegademothering said...

That is way sweet. And I love that her mom actually figured out how to mail it. That's like way beyond my abilities. If it were me, I would have it on the table by the front door - ready to send - for like a month. Then I would get sick of looking at it and chuck it somewhere, and I'd promptly forget about it, until 6 months later, when I found it again. But by then it's too late to send so I'd just feel guilty for a minute and file it in the "scrapbook" file. Yeah. Impressive.

Shan said...

Oh man, I am not looking forward to those days (again). Mad is 3.5 and already has a long history of finding the boys more interesting. I'd better lock up the nail polish now.

Summersheartjourney said...

That is absolutely lovely. So cute!

darcie said...

o.m.g.

Are you kidding me?
ADORABLE!
You're keeping this forever right?
sooo cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...