Wednesday, September 28, 2011

thirteen

There is just something about right now that makes me need to write about you. Let me give you just thirteen things I love about you right now, at thirteen months. Plus, a blogger friend (who's private) did this yesterday and she always makes me want to be a better mom (read guilt).


1) The way that you blow on your food when I slide it onto your highchair tray, now matter if it's a cracker or chicken, you assume that it's all hot and needs to be blown on.

2) How you say 'Wu Wu', you pucker your lips and move them in an exaggerated 'Woooo, Woooo'

3) Your crawl, which is really more of a scoot, with one leg tucked in, your right hand pulling you forward, your left hand with something, whatever you fancy, in the palm.

4) You jumping up in your crib when I come in to get your after nap time. You in your sleeping sack, jumping up and down, looking like this little smiling potato bag of cuteness.

5) How you standing, you clapping for yourself... love your self affirmation.

6) The way that you pull bows out of your hair (even if I try... daily) you will stand a bow for about five minute, pull it out and hand it to me like it's mine, not yours.

7) You climbing into the sandbox, then out, then back in, and out once more.

8) How the little hair that you have flaps in the wind, it looks like an adorable fake baby toupee.

9) How you sign gentle and do the opposite, you will do the sign and then hit your friend on top of the head.

10) How you are obsessed with anything you can sit on; leafs taken out of the table sitting on the floor, books stacked in a pile, all of them must be sat on.

11) You saying 'Stella', period.

12) The way you hug me when I get you in the morning, you hug my neck and pat my back over and over.

13) And I know this will sound horrible, so rotten of me and completely unfair, but I love that you are a girl. Every day you heal my heart from wounds of just being a woman in this world.

My daughter.

11 comments:

Marie said...

Pass the tissues, please. This is beautiful.


-MM

Mrs. M said...

Aw...she is adorable.

I am Harriet said...

So sweet!!

Enjoy your WW!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/09/is-it-just-me-or-you-too/

amanda said...

a. read guilt? dude you are a gober!!

b. i adore her.

c. can you believe they have been here for thirteen months. our sweet edible e babies :)

Anonymous said...

she is great

Unknown said...

Ugh. ugh. ughghghghg. I'm crying all over my keyboard and also laughing because I can see her little 'baby toupee". What a beautiful post. I can't believe she's already 13 months...It seems like yesterday, doesn't it?

Shan said...

Oh, Beth, that is beautiful. Top to bottom.

(Fynnie crawls like that, too, only it's her right hand, high in the air, usually with a pair of Mad's pantie's over her shoulder like a purse.)

The Sisters' Hood said...

Oh, how much do i love this post! What a beautiful kind of love letter you wrote here - you should make it an anuual event and keep them all for her and then read them back to yourself when she is a teen and driving you nuts ;)

Unknown said...

Gotta love a good neck hug! Great tribute to your girl!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, she's so stinking cute.

But, who is Stella? Should I know this?

Love the baby food blowing.

And, bows? My girls are totally the same.

Unknown said...

She is full of adorableness!

And I'm impressed a bow stays in for five minutes--when my girls were younger it was five seconds. Tops.

And, seriously--she is so freaking cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...