Monday, March 8, 2010

fun with an Anonymous friend

I turned on my comment verification a couple of weeks ago. Sorry to anyone that gets really annoyed by typing in a few extra letters. It's annoying to me too, but honestly, I'm even more lazy when it comes to deleting Prozac comments in my posts, so something had to give in and it's you - typing in word verification.

I still get fun comments once and a while though. I thought I'd share one that I got with you this past week, with commentary from me (of course).

I know I've been slacking on the blog of late, but Anonymous went all the way back to November to comment on a post of mine, the one where I got a foaming hand soap dispenser for the kids.

From my anonymous friend:

Anon: "You realize foamy soap is mostly water, and just a special nozzle that suds it up upon dispensing?" (Me: I had no idea, when I added 2/3 water to my soap dispenser I thought it was actually making more soap!)

Anon: "So, they've found a way to charge you more for less. Or, rather, to charge you the same amount for giving you less product/ingredients on their part. It's pretty ridiculous if you think about it." (Me: It is ridiculous and to think, I *wasn't* thinking about the injustice of the soap to water ratio that I could have been charged, there should be some special CNN investigation on this.)

Anon: "And, making the soap sudsy isn't what kills germs, it's how long the soap is in contact with your skin. That's why doctors lather up for a good minute or two before washing off." (Me: I volunteer at a hospital and I have never witnessed any doctor scrub his/her hands for 2 minutes, in fact they will use hand sanitizer 10 times before actually washing their hands anymore - standard procedure - not that you wanted my opinion.)

Anon: "Pre-foamed soap gives people the impression they can skip 10 seconds of washing since they don't have to bother lathering up. So, if you think about it again, pre-foamed soap is actually quite self-defeating if it comes to washing your hands properly to kill germs." (Me: Do you even have kids? Seriously, if I can even get my preschooler to wash his hands under the sink for 2 seconds and not freak out that his shirt's sleeves are getting wet, then it's been a good day here!)

Anon: "Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm just sayin... " (Me: No way, you *totally* don't seem like a Debbie Downer kind of a person at all.)

I'm just sayin...

25 comments:

MamaOtwins+1 said...

I'm just saying - Debbie Downer provided me with my laugh for the day.
I'd be thrilled if my kids knew what soap was actually for ;)

Rita Templeton said...

Actually, I'm pretty sure that foam soap is on my kids' hands longer than any other kind - they like to mess with the foam and squish it through their fingers and stuff. Now if they'd just learn to rinse it off ...

Shelly - Tropical Mum said...

Debbie Downer has a point with the comment about them finding a way to charge you the same for less.

My favourite chocolate bar decided to 'change their packaging', which also meant skimping on how much they were going to give us, so now it is a 200g bar of chocolate instead of 250g--for the same price. I mean it's chocolate! Don't mess with my chocolate!

Sorry I got off topic, but you reminded me of this great injustice and I just had to vent!

Shelly at Tropical Mum

Sincerely, Jenni said...

I actually buy the empty dispenser bottle from Pampered Chef (or wherever else I can find them) and make my own foam soap. You fill up the bottle about an inch with liquid soap and the rest of the bottle with water. and voila! Hand soap!

And if it gets the kids to WILLINGLY wash their hands, I don't care about the rest of the facts and theories. LOL

Jenn said...

LOL...ohhh the injustices of the world!! My kids LOVE to wash their hands with Dial foaming soap and try to skip out on washing their hands with regular soap...sooooo...I'll stick with foam. Go Foam or Go Home...that's our motto. (Ok...that's not our motto at all...I just felt like rhyming.) :)

Tyne said...

Hilarious! Who the heck is that lady and where does she get all her free-time to carry on conversations about soap? Speaking of free-time, looks like yours is becoming more sparse! I just spent a long while catching up on your posts from the past month (sorry I have been gone so long) and saw that you are expecting!!! Yeah! Congratulations to y'all!

Liz Mays said...

You're so funny! I love that you highlighted all of that!

However, I will say that I did put a different soap in my foaming dispenser and it did foam. lol

Shan said...

Well I for one would like to thank So Not Debbie Downer for bringing to light the shady practices of foaming soap companies. I mean, seriously, if it weren't for her comment I would never have guessed that companies try to give less for more.
On the other hand, if you add water to something and make it last longer, who's really losing?
I'm with you on word verification. The only thing I won't do is post my "WV" word at the bottom of my posts and then include my own made up definition. I mean, I've got a lot of time on my still foamy hands, but there's a limit!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Debbie Downer seems a tad obsessed with soap.

Murdock's mama said...

Wow! That is great! Thanks for sharing!

Wisconsin Parent said...

What's soap? Truly, is this what the world has come to?

amanda said...

this lady might have a tidge too much time on her hands :)

Unknown said...

Wow...I'm speechless! Why do people go on and on and on...save the blog posts for your own blog, ha!

I just disabled anon. comments because the spam was cramping my style. I haven't had a spam comment since {thank God!}.

xo

Anonymous said...

You not only have the BEST name, you leave the BEST comments! I am truly appreciative.

I just read another comment, that you're expecting. How exciting!

My daughter could literally spend hours if allowed lathering her hands. Who knew it would be her hobby?

Vanessa said...

Sometimes I think about allowing anonymous comments just so I can get some fun ones!

Allison said...

People kill me with their craziness!

Anonymous said...

Deb Downs needs a life. I love the foam soap for the same reason you do. My kid will stand there and wash her hands without any begging from me. Life is way too short to worry about whether or not a soap company is ripping me off of what? 13 cents??? I'll get over it and smile next time I buy more foam soap... maybe the berry scented next time.

Heidi said...

Ha, ha!!! And that's why I love you. You say the things that I have running in my head and don't dare say.
I'm with you, if the novelty of the foaming soap gets my kids to use it all the better!!!!!
I personally went right out and bought my kids the same kind of soap after reading your post, and my three year old has gone through nearly an entire bottle already. So I'd say it was doing it's job well enough.

MollyinMinn said...

Nope, sounds like a perky one to me.

And we are big fans of paying more for less in the soap world at our house.

Maggie May said...

hahaha!

Tam and John said...

OMG! I'm laughing my head off! Someone actually took that much time to say all that??? For the record, I would pay for AIR if it got my kids to do something they wouldn't do otherwise. I'd even pay for diluted air.

Emmy said...

Lol! Holy novel that they wrote too. I don't know if I have ever seen someone leave such a long comment. Sorry you are getting annoying comments. I just do allow anonymous.. I might miss out on a few people that really would say something good but not worth it

Carma Sez said...

this exchange was priceless!! I had to put on the word verification because of spam. I know everyone hates word verification; some have even made posts about it - but I'd rather not have to keep deleting spam comments.

Babes Mami said...

Why does Debbie Downer care so much about soap or more so YOUR soap??

Stopped in from SITS and have been entertained! :]

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'm just saying. I bet he or she washed their hands a lot before taking the time to write out all of that nonsense.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...