Monday, October 5, 2009

the little things

My husband brought our unity candle up from downstairs, lit it up and placed it in the middle of the counter. Henry turned off the lights in the kitchen and ran around with Wyatt in the dark, both with huge smiles on their faces at the novelty of it all. I giggled a little and ran off to the guest room. I came out wearing my wedding dress, it scraping the floor without it's crinoline, the beads making a dancing rhythm running across the hardwood floor.

Wyatt tells me "ooh, pretty." He requested that I sit next to him. He leans over his stool, pointed at my dress and said "Mommy's got boobies". Yes, my dear, sweet, obviously boy, boy, I do indeed have boobies.

Henry whispers something to my husband, Henry lights up at his idea. "Not yet". Ten seconds later, he can't wait, the anticipation is too much. "OK, now, but you can't see Mom". I go back to the guest room to take off my dress, fold it up and place it back in the cardboard box. Henry, Wyatt and my husband knock on the door and walk into the room; Henry has in this hand one cut-out, white, paper heart. Wyatt has the second in his hands. One for me, one for my husband.




I smile to myself that I've never gotten my wedding dress 'preserved'. These little things, these little moments are worth preserving so much more.

Happy 7th Anniversary, my husband.

28 comments:

Half of a Duo, Raising a Duo said...

Happy Anniversary!

Are you gonna show a pic of you in the dress?

7 years is a true milestone in this day and age where 50%+ of marriages in the US end in divorce...

Keep on keepin' on hun!!!

Emmy said...

Happy Anniversary! And what a great tradition.
Yes my two-year-old told me (after grabbing one) that I have big boobies and she has little boobies. Gotta love kids

Marketing Mama said...

Awwwww, very sweet. Congrats on your anniversary! :)

OHmommy said...

So very sweet and true. Happy Anniversary to you both!

Anonymous said...

have a great day love MOM AND dAD

A Crafty Mom said...

OMG. Too adorable for words. That's awesome - big congrats to you guys on your anniversary!! I'm so happy for you :)

MamaOtwins+1 said...

AWWW happy anniversary. I didn't get my dress preserved either and this is exactly why.

Liz Mays said...

That's beautiful! (And it's so lovely that you can still fit into your dress.) I'm not sure that I could.

tori said...

lovely post! happy anniversary!

amanda said...

first of all happy, happy anniversary!!

and second of all - i still could choke my mom for surprising me with getting my dressed 'preserved' - ugh!!

so glad you had fun honey :)

Aryn said...

So sweet! Happy anniversary! It was a fabulous day...
Love you both - A

Mrs. M said...

So wonderful! Hope you have a wonderful anniversary! My 6th is coming up next month!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet way to celebrate your 7th year! I want to see pictures of you in it ;)

AiringMyLaundry said...

How sweet :)

Happy 7 years!!

Allison said...

That's so sweet! Congratulations on 7 years and here's to more wonderful years to come!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

What a sweet moment to treasure.

Shan said...

Oh yay, happy tears! Happy Anniversary! Sounds like it was every girl's dream.

Hugs :+)

Twincerely,Olga said...

Thta is so sweet!! great post!! New and wanted to say hi

Tyne said...

There is a big smile across my face right now. Thought you might want to know!

Heidi said...

What a great way to spend your anniversary! I have to admit that making it seven years without killing each other is really quite an accomplishment! I hope you guys had a wonderful day and I hope you have many, many more.
And WOW, how awesome are you! You have had three pregnancies and you still fit into your wedding dress?! I am soooo jelous of you right now!
(I just have to tell you, it's not just a boy thing. Emma tells me all the time that I have *little* boobies.)

Amanda {My Life Badly Written} said...

Happy Anniversary!

LutherLiz said...

Awww. Happy Anniversary!

AndreaLeigh said...

what a great post! happy anniversary!

Capital Mom said...

That is so lovely! Congratulations!

KatBouska said...

You still fit in your wedding dress???

Just kidding, this is SO sweet! I love these moments, and I love that you documented it so that you will always have it to look back on.

Terra Heck said...

What a wonderful story! Sounds like a great family. Happy anniversary! My husband and I celebrated our 7th anniversary a week ago.

Rebecca said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! We are in our 7th year also, and I do feel like it's a milestone. This is a sweet story and I love what Wyatt made for you guys.

I did get my dress preserved, but I've been wanting to take it out and see if I can still squeeze into it (not likely!). You are clearly in great shape and I'm jealous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...