Wednesday, October 29, 2008

peas in a pod

I'm currently in love, in love with being the mother of brothers. It is a relationship that is amazing to watch. They seem to understand each other on some level that I'm in awe of, everyday. Some days it is like being in the front row of a play performing on stage. I'm in the audience sitting on the edge of my seat anticipating the next scene, while they have each other's lines memorized.

After preschool today, Henry pulled up a chair to the counter to help with lunch by spooning peas onto the plates though he ended up eating the apple peels as I cut them off for Wyatt instead. As soon as Wyatt noticed this, he toddle/ran his way over to the kitchen table, pushed his chair all the way around the kitchen island and pulled up his chair next to his big brother. They laugh at each other, they poke at each other, they tease each other, they obviously love each other. They certainly are two peas in a pod.



Remind me of this post when they are sixteen and thirteen years old, respectively and not on speaking terms with each other because they happen to be related.

17 comments:

Aracely said...

I know exactly what you are saying, it is AMAZING to watch.

Mandy said...

I love those pictures.

Brothers are great. Our boys share a room and what they say behind that door is priceless.

Marketing Mama said...

Great pictures Beth! Looks like I'm not the only spending time in photoshop these days!

Your boys are adorable. It is so great that they have that relationship! And how amazing to witness it every day.

Miss Lisa said...

How sweet! I like you feel so lucky to have two boys--the brotherly relationship is WOW!

Emilie said...

This hits close to home! I sometimes wondered if Ben (our youngest) would miss out on all the personal attention Daniel got when he was younger, but then I realize Ben has something Daniel never had: a big brother's attention. I think that relationship is going to become more and more special as they get older, and your post makes me look forward to it so much!

RuensOnTheRun said...

I love having boys! I know what you are talking about...brotherly love.

Unknown said...

So sweet! And I love the pictures.

kristine said...

So sweet.

amanda said...

adorable honey.

i love that you are soaking it all in - especially knowing that 13 and 16 will one day happen :)

A Crafty Mom said...

I totally get it, the brothers thing is just so amazing, there are no words to describe it.

Those photos are awesome, I love them!! Those two are so cute . . . I love the "peas in a pod" heading too. I'm a sucker for catchy titles :-)

Tyne said...

What a great post! I hope that I have another boy so McClaine can have a brother. It is fun having two girls, and I think it would be really fun to have two boys, too.

Just caught up on your blog, I will add your brother-in-law and his family to my prayer list. And how divine did your birthday get away sound?!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That is adorable!

I'm hoping for the same thing from my daughters...I can only be so lucky!

Carol said...

I totaly agree with you. I love it too.

Rebecca said...

I'll remind you of the pure happiness that this post and these photos show. What a great post to read, and I felt my cheeks hurting from smiling when looking at the pictures. Thank you!

Marla said...

yes... aren't brothers great!

Vashey Fam said...

How talented are you?!!! I love those pictures!....and what a sweet post!

Anonymous said...

i surely enjoy your own posting type, very exciting.
don't quit and keep writing for the simple reason that it simply just good worth to look through it.
looking forward to view much of your own well written articles, have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...