Monday, October 27, 2008

he is brave

Republican or Democrat. War or no war. All I know is that this weekend I packed up my little family and headed south to Iowa to say goodbye yet again to my brother-in-law who will be doing his second tour-of-duty in Iraq.

My heart has been breaking every time I picture him, not just him, but him and his little girl, together and not together. She was born 13 days before my little Wyatt; they are sweet, beautiful cousins. Every time I think about me having to leave Wyatt for 15 months this lump starts in my throat, I choke up, I nearly cry and then I remember that I don't have to leave Wyatt. He will not forget me, not not recognize me when I do walk through that door again. This soldier is indeed brave.

His little girl's name is Danielle.

14 comments:

Mandy said...

Sending prayers your way and well wishes, too!

kristine said...

Thanks for making me cry. I, too, can't imagine...
I will keep them in my thoughts.

Miss Lisa said...

God bless him.
I pray nightly for our brave men and women and their families.
Please thank him for me--he is a hero (and so are you and your family!)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

God bless him and his family. I can't imagine leaving my kiddos or family either.

A Crafty Mom said...

Wow, I can't even imagine. What a brave guy and an amazing father. Lots of prayers he will be well and safe for the duration of his duty.

amanda said...

wow. i too just can't even begin to imagine.

sending prayers to you and his whole family :)

The Del Gatto's said...

This country is so fortunate to have people willing to give up their daily lives, family, friends, etc. so that we don't have to. It is a true self-less act that isn't commended enough. God Bless him! VOTE!

Eve Grey said...

Aww, pretty girl.
That would be beyond difficult.

Marla said...

can't imagine... and don't want to...

Unknown said...

Lots of prayers, sweetie. Lots.

PS--I have something for you on my blog...

OHmommy said...

Oh man.... sending prayers to all of your guys. And a million thanks sent his way.

Anonymous said...

I'll be sending prayers and hopes for a safe and swift return to the arms of his beautiful little girl!

Please tell your brother THANK YOU...from the bottom of my heart.

Laural Out Loud said...

15 months? Wow. All the people we know who've gone to Iraq have only been deployed for 7 months at a time. That's a long time to be without your family. BUT, his baby will remember him! I'm sure his mom will make it so. And now there's live video to keep in touch. God be with him, and his family back at home.

TuTu's Bliss said...

He is very brave and rest assured she will remember him. My husband has served two tours to Iraq and each return was like he never left. She adores him and there are not enough months in the year to change that. Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...