Tuesday, October 21, 2008

weekend in (stock) photos

I'd been searching for a retreat to go on for my birthday weekend since February. I went from a deluxe weekend away in Phoenix to a retreat 90 miles west of Minneapolis to booking a hotel for Saturday night and cashing in on my spa gift card that was originally a Christmas present (my lucky husband got a lot of miles out of that gift).

Let me recap my weekend in (stock) photos.

I arrived here at 10 am, meaning breakfast for the kiddos and I was out the door.




I asked to take a picture of the two very friendly men sitting with me while I waited for my massage. They agreed to 'look peaceful'.

After my massage, I asked if they wouldn't mind taking a picture of me naked in the whirlpool for the sake of my blog. They yet again, happily agreed.

After the massage, whirlpool and stream shower extravaganza. I headed to the happiest place in the world...

(I nearly died trying to get this photo from the fifth floor of the Macy's ramp. I'm totally joking about it being the happiest place on earth too, anyone that lives in the area knows MOA is definitely not heaven.)


After spending to my personally allocated $100 only heart's content. I checked into this fabulous
hotel. I was greeted with an insane look by the staff as she yet again read over my address. Yes, that's right, I live less than 10 miles from here, I know. (I wanted to say, do you have kids? If so, you'd completely understand.)




I climbed into my king size bed and well, napped (and watched nearly 7 hours of HGTV, which we don't have cable so it was heaven).


And in the morning, I didn't eat in the breakfast area, oh no. I brought my continental breakfast with waffle maker stuff back to my room and had breakfast in bed.

I could end my post with something beautiful and romantic like that I couldn't wait to get home and see my children, that I couldn't sleep a wink at night without my husband by my side, but the truth is I loved every minute of being in the middle of the king sized bed, munching on my waffle that I didn't have to cut into kid-sized pieces and watching television that didn't include Super Why and his buddies looking for clues.



Happy Birthday to me (tomorrow)

Picked by Random.org, the winner of my giveaway is Mamasphere, ironic since she is giving away 3 gift cards to Target; one for $100, another for $50 and yet another for $25 to help her rename her blog. I love Mamapshere, so give her some bloggy love. (Obviously, her 'economy' is better than mine).

26 comments:

4luvandlife said...

You are hilarious. Your husband is a very lucky guy.

RuensOnTheRun said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Looks like a fun time! Happy Birthday!

Amy W said...

That looks heavenly. I am going 45 minutes away in a couple weeks for a getaway weekend.... no matter how close it is to home, it is still a world away!

amanda said...

a) love the stock photos!

b) sounds truly divine

c) happy, happy bday :)

Kristen said...

Oh Beth! I get it. That sounds like the most awesome birthday weekend ever! EVER!!! Can I tell you I might be a little jealous??

Ok, and I sort of wish you would have come to Phoenix, because I don't live that far from hell in the desert, and selfish me, could have met up with you!!

Happy birthday to you tomorrow!!

kristine said...

Man, does that sound like an awesome birthday or what?? I am so jealous!! I am glad to hear you had a great time and ejoyed yourself so much! You deserve it - BIG TIME!

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm jealous!

Miss Lisa said...

What--a birthday is not a birthday without Super Why ;)

Honestly, your weekend sounds like pure heaven. I think I need to show this post to my husband for an idea for my birthday--of course he'd say 'that sounds great for us'--uh, who's US.

The pics look relaxing--except that mall one ;)

Miss Lisa said...

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY (tomorrow!) :)

Gretchen said...

That looks awesome! I don't know how you didn't get the guilt trip from the hubs. Like, "ARe you SUURRREEE you don't want me to come along?" I guess your husband gets it - that sometimes we need to enjoy the silence. Or, at least, the sound of grown-up programming.

Happy birthday to YOOOUUUUU.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful, heavenly, relaxing weekend! I am super jealous :)

What did you buy at the mall? It better have been for you :)

And HGTV? Love that channel!

Happy early Birthday!

A Crafty Mom said...

Oh how totally and utterly cool!!! That must have been fabulous. And happy birthday too :-) Cute naked shot too!

Anonymous said...

Obviously the step classes are working. That picture of "you" in the whirlpool tells me I need to start taking that class :)

Liz said...

ohhhhhhhhhh! My birthday is coming up. I may fwd. a link to your blog to my hubby & "HINT" very loudly. ha ha!

Carol said...

Happy Birthday!

Sounds completely wonderful.

Now I know what I want for my birthday. Roll on January.

Aracely said...

So your birthday is today?

Hmm... I don't know if I should wish my arch nemesis a happy birthday, seems like a sissy move ;).
Happy Birthday! ( It's my sisters birthday too, so I'll always remember it)

Eve Grey said...

Happy Birthday Beth!
I used to love going away for work just to take a super long bath and order room service. Divine.

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday today!!

Hope you were able to celebrate big, and the kids cooperated, and shared all day long!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, sister! I'm so happy we come from the same gene-pool (but too bad I can't fit into your jeans these days)! Love you!

Laural Out Loud said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I think you just lived every mom's dream!

Rebecca said...

The photo story is great. I've done the stay-at-a-hotel-five-miles-from-home thing more than once. It's the best of both worlds - a vacation where somebody else has to cook and clean, and short-short-short travel time! Sigh...

Happy birthday!

McMommy said...

I can't stop laughing at the picture of "you" naked in the whirlpool...

Happy Birthday!! You are extremely AWESOME in my book!!!! And I'm not just saying that because it's your birthday!!!

Marketing Mama said...

Sounds like an awesome birthday to me! Happy Birthday! :)

jen said...

not sure how i got here...
i always forget to remember that.

i was totally jealous until i realized that you are in mpls too!
i can go there!

that b-day look divine. i may just have to tell my husband that THAT is exactly what i want for my january b-day!

tori said...

LOL! that pic by the pool is awesome! Do you think we will have a time again -when everyday we can do what we want, whenever we want?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...