Monday, September 29, 2008

road trip

You know it's been a good road trip when it started with a Dairy Queen Moolatte on Friday night and ended with a slice of raspberry cheesecake less than 48 hours later. It appears that a successful trip for me means gaining 5 pounds in a weekend.

For some reason all my (pretty) good judgement goes out the window when I sit in the passenger seat for more than 1 hour. My last purchase on our way out: 2 small chocolate milks, 1 Big Buddy 32 oz. soda, 1 Rice Krispie bar, a bag of sour Twizzlers, a bag of tear-and-share Skittles, and to top it off, a bag of 3 long johns (which were sitting at the counter, packaged together for a quick sale for the lovely price of $1). I demanded that he 'throw those doughnuts on too'. He bagged them all and we were on our way (with way too large of a purchase at a convenience store when a bag becomes necessary).

I'm just admitting that I let it all go on the road, that half the fun for me really is in the getting there. Here I am now starting to look forward to the 6 hour trip to Chicago come November. My stretchy pants are waiting patiently.

14 comments:

Don Mills Diva said...

You could always drive and eat your way to Chicago and then walk back.

You know, to burn off the calories.

Marketing Mama said...

ooh - love the new pictures over on the sidebar!

yes, eating bad food on road trips is totally the best part. I remember when I used to smoke AND eat junk food. Those were the days.

Wendi said...

The food is my favorite part of a road trip too.
It is the comfort.
The comfort you lose yourself in so you don't have to listen to the screaming, hitting, and whining in the back seat!
Oh, maybe thats just my car.
Glad it was a good trip.

A Crafty Mom said...

SOUR Twizzlers? No one told me :-( I've been missing out.

I love eating on trips too . . . like a trip around the block, a trip down the street, a trip to the other side of the city :-) Sounds like you had a yummy time!!!

Rachel said...

If you can't gorge on convenience store food on a road trip, then when can you? I'm with you...that's definitely the best part about road trips. We pack the car full with healthy snacks, but I still go nuts every time we stop for gas.

Unknown said...

I was laughing while reading this...only because I am the same way!

Your food sounds so good...I would take a road trip with you any day!

Miss Lisa said...

I always binge on road trip food--and I always love it!

amanda said...

you know how much i love a good road trip...

but no road trip is complete with out a package of those god-awful-but-oh-so-yummy white powdered sugar donuts!!

Mandy said...

Hey! It's a va-cay! ANYTHING goes! :) Glad you had fun.

kristine said...

I think we all do it.. I know I do. Heck,I do it when I have to drive like 20 minutes away.. LOL!

Laural Out Loud said...

I've never indulged on a road trip before. But next time, I'm totally doing it your way! All that stuff sounded soooo good!

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

What is a road trip without junk food? We ate Mexican every day on my sister's vacation and while I seriously want to puke every time I drive by a Mexican restaurant now, it was sooooo worth the memories. I'm sure I'll get over the nausea soon enough and eat til my heart's content again :). And, stretchy pants are a great idea!

Eve Grey said...

Twizzlers Sourz? We don't have those here!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...