Wednesday, May 7, 2008

birthday aftermath

Henry went to a birthday party this last weekend. His first birthday party where he was actually dropped off at the front door and picked up 2 blissfully quiet hours later. (Boy, I love four-year-old birthdays, but no way would I leave myself alone with five little sugar-high boys running around my house- wait, that is what I do, but I get paid for that!) The party was a Disney Pixar Cars themed party; there were red, black and white balloon(race car Lightening McQueen colors), many Cars gifts, Cars gift bags (which I'm a big believer in only the birthday-boy getting presents, but what can you do) and I believe a chocolate (by the stains on my son's shirt) Cars cake.

He left the party bubbling with excitement about Mack. For a second, I thought a new friend at the party? Of course, the silly mother that I am should have known, Mack the truck from Cars. Noah had gotten one for his birthday and he has always wanted one just like that. Can we get one, today? I told him that he could perhaps get one for his birthday or Christmas. The only problem is that both are more than 6 months away and I not sure that I can handle him asking as he is rolling out of bed every morning about the now his Mack truck.


So this genius, anti-supermom suggested that her sweet four-year-old son earn his Mack truck by doing jobs around the house. (We are big believers that our children will have to earn many things, and heaven forbid might even have to get a job in high-school.) He was so excited about the idea that he even told his father over the phone that Mom is having him get a job. I told him he could earn some money by putting his clothes away, taking out the recycling, picking up the toys, etc.


This morning, we went online to 'research' how much he would have to earn to add to his current $5.20. We couldn't find this online, but I told him I imagined that it will be around $29.99 and with tax he would have to earn about 30 dollars more. Hoping that he would be excited about all the 'jobs' that are potential money makers, I asked him, how do you expect to get all that money to pay for this truck? So this genius, son-of-an-anti-supermom replies "I'm going to ask Santa".

2 comments:

kristine said...

Ha ha! Good answer!!

OHmommy said...

AWESOME answer!

I love love love drop off parties. But I miss talking to other moms.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...