Wednesday, July 2, 2008

underwear fetish

There are a million and one things sprawled across the floor of Henry's bedroom which Wyatt shouldn't have; from the miniature football guys to the tiny plastic construction zone cones, from the year-round Easter eggs to the big-boy library book. All of which are why we keep the door to Henry's room closed, almost all the time.

When the door happens to be open it's like the brides-to-be at the annual Filene's Basement bridal dash only Wyatt is crawling (though it is in double time, his quick heavy breathing crawl) and the prize for his dash is not a magical, once-in-a-lifetime wedding dress but his four year old brother's underwear.

He will crawl around the house grasping onto Henry's underwear like it's glued to his little palm. It's a sort of security blanket, I'm certain he would go to bed with if I allowed him. There are a million reasons why I love this kid, his underwear fetish is just one.




12 comments:

carrie said...

It is so hard - keeping the big boys stuff away from the little one - I remember those days well when my boys were little.

And btw, my oldest's given name is Henry too (but he goes by his middle name, McRae)- and you already know that his little bro is Wyatt. Great minds think alike! :)

kristine said...

That is hilarious! We have yet to keep the big kid stuff away from Parker, but I know our day will soon come!

Tyne said...

I love it! Hopefully he love big boy underwear when he starts potty training! thanks for coming by.

Miss Lisa said...

Let's hope this mean potty training will be a snap :)

Carol said...

My two year old (who isn't potty trained) covets my 3 year olds underwear. He will rummage in the wash basket for worn ones if he can't find any clean ones. Which isn't so lovely!

The reason?

They ALL have Lightning McQueen on them.

A Crafty Mom said...

Well, you're set when it comes to potty training. That's how I got my two year old trained - he was dying to wear his brother's big boy underwear. I love the photos . . . all black and white with those bright red undies :-)

Anonymous said...

I really wish I had started blogging when my kids were babies. I would have loved to have documented all these cute little quirky things. So sweet!

Laural Out Loud said...

That is so cute! Why NOT let him go to bed with them, lol. You could snap a pretty good blackmail picture for when he's older.

Jenny said...

I love all the photos! Such great moments captured.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Nice photoshopping!

Marla said...

isn't it great the objects they choose to obsess over? My littles likes to open the gerbil cage and run off :) wish it was underwear...

Vashey Fam said...

Isn't weird the strange things baby's like? I totally know about the hyper-speed crawl when one of the "forbidden" doors happens to open! Thanks for the encouraging words by the way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...