Thursday, July 24, 2008

fuzzy numbers

Remember this from your child birthing classes?


I think that today I'm at about a 3, multiply this by the fact that it's 82 degrees in our house (because the air conditioner is broken and it's smack dab in the middle of summer therefore not being fixed until tomorrow). All you mathematical geniuses out there probably have an equation that can calculate my pain level of 3 multiplied by the degree of 82 and come up with some real 'emotional' number but I'm guessing that my face looks closer to the 5 than it does to the 0.

It's not that I hurt or I'm in pain, I'm simply tired. I'm tired of being the 'bad guy' all. the. time. I'm tired of pulling Henry off Wyatt when he performs his 'smothering hug'. I'm tired of separating Henry and his friend from yet another one of their death-match wrestling moves. I'm tired of putting them in a time out for the third time in a row. I'm tired of asking 'why you did this?' only to be responded to with a snicker or a shrug of the shoulder. I'm tired of him saying that I'm being the naughty one. I'm tired of him saying that he doesn't love me.

But there was five minutes today (which is probably as exaggeration, it was more like a minute and a half, but I'm hanging onto those '5 minutes' with all I've got) where I was so happy to be with my children, in the moment, right there. Since the air conditioning is out I have both fans running in our living room. Today, for the first time, I showed Wyatt the simple joy of 'talking' into the fan. He was enthralled; first timid, then inquisitive and then he thought the entire experience was hilarious. When he discovered that he too could 'talk' into the fan, well that moment is simply one of those moments that I just can't get tired of.

Don't you love the wind blowing in his hair? He looks like a 'little old man' about to lose his toupee.

16 comments:

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

That totally wins the cute-a-thon!

Rebecca said...

That is awesome. How amazingly cute. And I love how the best moments come on the worst days. Everything sort of balances out.

Miss Lisa said...

Say 'luke I am your father' in the fan--I hate Star Wars and I still giggle at this.
That pic made MY day ;)
Good for you for seeing the good things!

Marla said...

i love this.. and when you figure out how to keep the boys apart without loosing your mind let me know...

Eve Grey said...

oh the cuteness, i could just die!

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

ohhh, i'm sorry you're having a rough day... but you're absolutely right, you have to hold onto those 5 minutes (even if it's only a minute!) with everything you've got! it'll get you through! and that video is too cute :)

amanda said...

oh honey i love this!!

i sooo remember talking in the fan as a kid!! now you have me all excited to teach beans one day :)

thanks friend!

Unknown said...

I love the video! All sorts of cuteness :) I remember doing that when I was younger, too :) I hope the ac gets fixed soon for you!

Carol said...

How have I never discovered the joy of talking into a fan until now?

Yuck about the AC but glad you had 5 minutes of joy in a otherwise not so fun day.

Simply Shannon said...

So adorable! I have yet to teach my daughter that trick. I think that I should remedy that.
Glad that there was such an adorable highlight to your otherwise tiring day.
Happy POW!

Laural Out Loud said...

That totally made me smile! It's so much fun to watch our kids discover the world around them.

Anonymous said...

I also hang on to those moments. They keep me going.
Oh, and I used to love talking into the fan when I was little.

Susan said...

Very cute! Hope your air is fixed soon.
The faces thing was funny too...didn't have that visual at my birthing class.

Megan said...

Absolutely adorable. A happy baby is the only cure these days for my 5-sad-face days. Hang in there, hope things look up for you soon!

BookMamma said...

Wyatt is a RIOT. (I bet you say that all the time. If not, you should.)I love his little teeth shining through that grin!

I must share the Fan Trick with Finn & Eli. That will crack their sh*t up!!

Marketing Mama said...

OMG, that is the cutest thing ever. Love it. Sorry to hear your day was otherwise painful - glad you had this sparkeling moment. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...