Tuesday, November 29, 2011

my poor, poor kid

I think whatever we tell Henry, he takes to heart. Not just to heart, but puts that heart into a little Ziploc baggie and then wraps that bag in duct tape about a million times. I guess I'm just saying, what we tell him is what he believes more than anything.

And he is never wants to disappoint us, ever.

::

Henry and I were sitting crisscross (take that preschool teacher who said he could never sit crisscross 'right') on the floor playing with the little ones. I'm using the term playing loosely, because all I was doing was pushing the button on the pretend microwave so they could throw a ball into it. They would then shut the door and sign for help from me to push the button again so they could get the ball out of the microwave. Repeat this over and over and over. Yes, totally fun times.

So anyways, in between pushing the microwave's darn door open button, I noticed Henry had a hole in the bottom of his shoe. "Henry, did you know you have a hole in your shoe?" I exclaimed and pointed to the worn down sole. "Yep" he responded with a shrug. I continued, "Well, how long has it been there?" remembering that it had snowed that last weekend. "A few weeks... I think," he replied.

Henry continues, "my friends at school were wondering why I have a hole in my shoe and I told them that it hasn't been 6 months yet, and that my shoes are suppose to last 6 months like my mom and dad said."

To further stab the plastic fork into my muffin top region, he finishes "it's OK Mom, I'm happy with what I've got."

My poor, poor kid.

::

He's the one who makes me feel like we might doing this parenting thing pretty well.

Wyatt, on the other hand...

9 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I love him. Put me down as his guardian immediately. ;)

Marie said...

What a sweetheart!

It takes amazing parents to raise children that are as wonderful as yours are. How awesome.

You and your husband obviously have the key to being the king and queen of parents.

Marie

amanda said...

ok trying again...keeps eating my comments!!

i love henry stories. they might be my most favorite. he makes me smile. and giggle. out loud.

hoping you two have a little shoe shopping date planned :)

An Imperfect Momma said...

oh my goodness, so sweet

Emmy said...

Awe sweet boy! My kids need to take a lesson from him.

Stephanie said...

LOL Oh how sweet! He is one who listens wel! You have proof:)

Galit Breen said...

Oh, how I love that you came in with that ending.

{He's swoon-worthy. So, so very swoon-worthy.}

Shan said...

Love him! (Wyatt, on the other hand, is probably my people.)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, what a super sweetheart....I would feel the plastic fork, too!

Did he get some new shoes before his 6 months were up?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...