Tuesday, November 8, 2011

ladies man

My husband asked me out on our first date while pulling cans at the local grocery store.

He was a bag boy there, I was the cashier (trying to avoid being up front cashiering, because seriously... there probably isn't a job out there that is more boring than scanning your favorite buttery spread over that laser light thing). So anyways, I was in the aisle pulling cans along with my future husband.

It went something like this...

Future husband:
"So, you wanna go out with me sometime?"

Me:
"Well... no."

Silence.
Chirping in the background.

I go on to explain "See, I have a boyfriend"

And that was it.

We continued pulling cans forward, sharking our real job duties, joking with each other about the bad country music playing over the intercom.

Yes, my husband is a real ladies man, he obviously worked hard to convince me to dump my boyfriend and go out with him instead.

(Though when I did dump my boyfriend, he was one of the first people I told, and as they say, the rest is history.)


::

So Wyatt, working on 'what he is thankful for' in school, brought this home today.

Our ladies man in the works.

With the million of possibilities of things he could write;


he's "thankful for Bella",

the cute one that sits besides him at snack time.

Both of them probably sharking their preschool duties and making fun of toddler tunes playing over on the piano too.

13 comments:

L. Shanna said...

Priceless :)

Unknown said...

Its meant to be! Together Forever!

Shan said...

Is it *completely* inappropriate that the only thing coming to my mind is "bow chicka bow bow"?

Unknown said...

Adorable! I think that definitely makes him a real ladies man :)

Marie said...

Oh, dear, this is so sweet! I love, love, love it. What a funny guy.

An Imperfect Momma said...

Oh my word so cute!!!

4luvandlife said...

I think your husband is poorly represented in this post. As a party closely involved in this chapter of the Antisupermoms wife I know that a fraction of the real story is told her. I may have to post a rebuttal again.

4luvandlife said...

life, not wife. I can't even type I'm so upset about the loss of truth.

amanda said...

awww wyatt. how you melt me :)

although mom and dad's love fest at the market is pretty romantic too :)

Galit Breen said...

Ohmygoodness, could this be any more adorable?

I think not.

Love!

Marie said...

Hi Beth,
Would you please email me your email address? marie.beckerleg@gmail.com

Thank you! :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, that is just too cute....and what good role models he has:)

Liz Mays said...

You know the teacher had a good laugh over that too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...