Wednesday, November 9, 2011

self-proclaiming myself

I don't toss around the word 'genius' very often, because honestly, it takes a lot to impress me.

But I'm just going to say it,

today, I'm pretty much a genius.
(And if you don't know me, this is completely dripping with sarcasm.)

Edith is completely fed up with ever being fed, and of course, I haven't had the time to spoon feed anyone since like 2003. So, I throw the spoon and whatever it is that she wants on the tray and let her go for it.

Her particular favorite right now, applesauce.

Except she shoves her little hands into the cup only to come up with just enough to lick off, then comes the frustration of not getting more, which follows by the complete frustration of me as she tosses the cup over her tray to splatter all over the floor and wall.

Enter my 'geniusness' for the day:


Applesauce through a straw.

Do not confuse this with those silly applesauce pouches that kids squeeze into their mouths... well... maybe it's a little bit the same...

dang it,

so today, I'm self-proclaiming myself a genius cheap ass.

10 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Brill. Simply brill.

Shan said...

I think I cackled when I got to the bottom of that picture. That is fricken brilliant!

(And regarding your comment... the other option was *not* to wipe. I had to do it... no injuries, though.)

Marie said...

This is just brilliant.

And look and that sweet face! :)

amanda said...

a. that is the sweetest edy pic ever. ever.
b.don't mean to rain on your brilliant parade, but i did the same thing with lilly. people looked at me like i was crazy. i thought it was genius.
c. even though we do that trick - i am still a sucker for those darn twist top on the go sauces. my girls puffy heart them.
d. applesauce date soon?

One Artist a Day said...

I thought I was genius when I discovered this too. We were traveling a lot and my son at the same age couldn't handle a spoon in the car so we served all his baby food meals to him this way. Even squash through a straw.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'll go with you on the genius!

I think our kids did pick up a straw and do it on their own, but it wasn't my idea:)

Heather B said...

ok...you say you're not a genious...but how about what you did being considered "ingenious"??

in·gen·ious (n-jnys)adj
1. Marked by inventive skill and imagination.
2. Having or arising from an inventive or cunning mind; clever

take it and run with it!!

Bridgette said...

Yes, that's awesome! You really are a genius. I hope that works with yogurt, too. Let's see Stella give her 'look' (patent pending) at THAT.

Emmy said...

Oh good good idea! Ryder insist on feeding himself- totally going to try this.

MommyLisa said...

Awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...