Tuesday, November 22, 2011

mullet no more

I don't like mullets. Now if that makes me not a very good (former) Iowan, so be it.

Edy's hair wasn't growing into those cute wisps of baby curls and I was fed up with her looking like a red neck. I decided I was giving up on being like all those other mothers of little girls who have 'never cut their girl's hair' and do just that... cut her darn hair.

(taken with my phone)







I'm pretty sure that this will come up in some sort of future therapy session where she is working out issues about her weird mother, because as I sat down in the chair with Edy in my lap and I said "just cut it, I don't care if she looks like a boy..."

But I like to think of her cut as a pixie style... and that she definitely looks like a girl.

Reassure me.

12 comments:

KristinFilut said...

She is so precious. And definitely feminine!

Shan said...

She looks like her brothers, but in the most girly way. A-freaking-dorable!

amanda said...

totally pixie and totally adorable!!

all girl :)

happy thanksgiving friend!

Galit Breen said...

She's adorable. Truly. :)

The Slacker Mom said...

It's adorable!

I'm having this fight with myself right now- the twins didn't have their hair cut until 22 months- the day before Judah was born. At 15 months, Judah's already sporting a totally trashtastic mullet and I am ready to cave.

Aryn said...

Definitely girl. I can't wait to squish her!

Marie said...

You did a GREAT job. It must have been hard work to cut a squirming baby's hair and keep the cut looking good at the same time. With Murray's, I can just hack away because his curls hide my shoddy job. Happy Thanksgiving!

-Marie

Amelia Sprout said...

Death to the mullet, she looks adorable.

Emmy said...

Total pixie, totally a girl and still so stinkin adorable!

Shelly - Tropical Mum said...

Popping back in after some time. She is so lovely. You make me all reminiscent. I loved when my children were that young and didn't talk back. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Jen Westpfahl said...

She's a beautiful girl and I love the cut. (I scrolled back to find a mullet picture and came up empty!)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Total girl! Never would have thought otherwise.

Our girls haven't had haircuts! Iz keeps asking for one, but I wonder, what would we do...just trim it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...