Monday, July 25, 2011

Dearest 'Student Driver' bumper sticker Drivers

Dearest 'Student Driver' bumper stickers Drivers,

For some reason, I've been lucky enough to have you divinely put in front of my moving vehicle, at the minimum of five times this past week, and I get it... it's summer, you have some spare time between sunbathing in those strings that you call a swimsuit and shopping at Abercrombie.

But, you see, I don't have a lot of spare time between clicking that fifth child in their car seat and getting to point B. See, I have to count on it taking the average amount of time to get to my destination. I do not have in my calculation, of getting from point A to B, the following:

-you going under the posted speed limit (I promise you, you are not going to extra credit from the drivers ed teacher for going under the speed limit).
-you looking to your right and left, then again, then again and possibly one more time for good measure.
-you tapping on your brake and turning (you will soon find it works better to not use both the gas and brake pedals simultaneously).
-you putting on your blinker prematurely and me expecting you to turn in the next day or so (3 blocks is plenty of advanced warning).

So, if you see some mom in a blue minivan with a vein about to pop out of her neck, it's me. If you feel that stare down that I'm giving you, again... me. And if you see me inching closer and closer to your bumper as I patiently wait for you to ease yourself into the intersection, so sorry
(no, not really).

Best of luck in your next step towards adulthood.
Sincerely,
Anti-Supermom

PS- Looking forward to seeing you again next summer when you are sitting on my bumper, talking on your phone and nearly running me and my kids over in the parking lot.

Oh, how quickly you guys grow up... *sigh*.

8 comments:

Liz Mays said...

That prediction for next summer for that very same driver is SO TRUE!

Unknown said...

Student drivers drive me insane! And yep-next summer they'll be the awful drivers we will try to avoid.

xo

Emmy said...

Oh you are so right! Crazy how quickly go from grandma to pyscho drivers.

Mom Daughter Style said...

what a story about the student driver, thanks for sharing.

I just came across your blog and I am your latest follower.

Would you be interested in joining my latest giveaway? Very low entry.
http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/2011/07/pambras-original-bra-liner-review-and.html

amanda said...

u know why this is so great to me? my dad is a drivers ed teacher. has been for 31 years. crazy right?

Unknown said...

Hey, at least you don't have to deal with new Fran an driving blissfully down one-way streets THE WRONG WAY in a month. *le sigh*

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Funny how you are spot on between this year and next year!

Little Fothergill said...

I am and learned the other way around, my instructor did dirtbike racing and was always telling me "Nice and quick out of this junction so you can take the car in front" Soon as I passed I became Granddad little feet :-| I'm so sorry

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...