Tuesday, March 15, 2011

from his teacher, please use the FART sign

Originally, the plan was for Henry to learn Chinese so that he could save us come the time when China will ultimately take over the world. My husband and I have visions of Henry speaking Chinese softly in the corner to one of his superiors saying something along the lines of "they are good people; one can scrub your floors, the other can wipe butts".

I'm teasing (sort of).

Actually, one reason we picked immersion for Henry because it so physical. They learn what Chinese words are by hand gestures, by pointing things out, by moving pictures on the smart board.

So, we get an email from Henry's teacher...
4. Please ask your child about the Fart Sign in our classroom. A lot of things happen in school but we learn how to deal with it together. Please have some FART manner, Dads. Some of you are setting very bad examples for your child. :P ( I have the name list. Please use the FART sign.)
That's right, they have a hand gesture for farting. It turns out, if a student needs to fart, he raises his hand showing the symbol and then they are given permission to go out of the class, into the hallway and fart.

Henry has demonstrated the fart sign for you here:


I have a sneaking suspicion that this symbol might mean 'something' more significant years from now, maybe some other kind of gas... run out of the room if you have knowledge of the fart sign kind of a thing.

I'm teasing (sort of).

10 comments:

amanda said...

i don't even know what to say!!

i am just giggling :)

MommyLisa said...

Oh - there is a Chinese immersion school? Huh. Boo Boo's neighborhood school teaches Spanish.

Mrs. M said...

Doesn't his teacher mean "toot" sign? :)

citymouse said...

I just thought it was funny that she called the dads out like that. My hubby's bodily noises are legendary. Good thing she isn't one of our teachers.

Mimi N said...

Wow, they have the kids leave the classroom to let out a toot? That's hysterical. I mean, I understand it shows manners and consideration for others around them.

My boys signal that there's a toot afoot is a waving of the hand behind their butts or a lot of rolling on the floor as if they're suffocating from their own gas!


LOL,

Mimi

Unknown said...

This is awesome. My family is using this starting now. Except it will probably be used in a more "I just farted in this room - Stay out" kind of way.

Shan said...

The irony is that people I've seen who are recent immigrants or visitors from Asian countries do not stop what they are doing one little bit for any type of gas.

Emmy said...

Lol! I am totally going to start doing this. Hehe too funny

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Okay..that is hilarious.

Alisha Stamper said...

this is too funny.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...