Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Edy eats

We were sitting around a table in a middle school cafeteria talking about our favorite foods while we waited for a volleyball tournament to finish. (No surprise that I was sitting there and not playing anymore, I sucked at volleyball. I thought the knee pads were smelly and nothing was worse then the sound of your skin rubbing across the linoleum floor of the gym.)

It came to my turn at the table. I said with ease "I love tuna fish sandwiches with apples in them."

At that age, I thought *everyone* loved tuna fish with apples... I didn't think what I was declaring was anything out of the ordinary, but staring back at me around the table were the looks, the mouths' open with disgust, the multiple 'eeewws'. From that point on, I've learned to say something a little more standard like lasagna or pizza (though I do love a sauerkraut pizza more than most).

But now, I'm sort of known for eating anything. Even my husband peers into a Tupperware and says 'you would eat that?' with a look of curiosity and slight disgust on his face. I shrug my shoulders and say something like "probably... if it doesn't smell".

So, the gene for eating anything has been passed on to Edy. Nothing is safe in a 2 foot radius. Her hands are like that of a ninja (just as we told the boys she would have).

Lick the carseat, sure.

Take a bite out of your handbag, Mommy? Yum.

Are you finished with this? 'Plate' was exactly what I wanted.


At least she looks slightly guilty.

9 comments:

Mrs. M said...

That is so cute - who doesn't like a nice crunchy plate now and then? :)

MommyLisa said...

Wow she is adorable.

amanda said...

i heart her.

Erin said...

Judah has a way of finding the dust bunnies I haven't been able to keep up with since he was born. It's not unheard of to find him happily chewing away on a pile of fuzz he pulled from beneath the radiator. (I can't even believe I'm admitting this) The kid is nothing but trouble.

Aryn said...

Cute! Caaaauuuutttteeee! XO -A

Emmy said...

Tuna fish and apple-ewwww! ;). And yes everything goes in the mouth

Unknown said...

lol. I love her expression - so funny!

Liz Mays said...

You two are going to have the best lunch dates throughout your life!

I heard the sound of your skin on the gym floor when you wrote that, and I didn't like it. lol

Shan said...

Yesterday at lunch we had a potluck salad bar. Took what I thought was chicken salad. Turned out to be watery tuna salad with canned corn. DisGUSTing! *gag* Your version sounds so much better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...