Wednesday, December 2, 2009

how I met my mother

One of the things Henry was really excited about when starting school was recess. It was the first thing he would talk about as I tried to pull teeth start a conversation about what happened in school that day.

"I played with so and so; we played cops, we were the bad guys." He'd chat from his seat right behind me as I looked at him in the rear view mirror.

He continues "The girls chased us around".

A few weeks later I learned there is a specific girl that chases him, her name is Laurie.

"Laurie chased after me, but I ran too fast for her to catch me... I'm never going to marry Laurie".

I laughed a little from the driver's seat of the minivan, of course (as all men do) he means the opposite; he really, really wants to marry Laurie. (FYI men, we are onto you doing the opposite of exactly how you feel, after all, we've all seen the movie he's just not that into you, right?

So, a flier comes in the mail from Henry's school and he asks to look at it. He points out Laurie (see, obviously this is love). I lean over his shoulder to take a look. *This is a small (and very poor quality picture of a picture, plus these are not my kids, so I had to block out eyes, fuzz imagines.... but you'll get the idea.



Hmm...Laurie... does she look like anyone we might know? Oh yes, me.

I know men are suppose to marry their mothers, but starting in Kindergarten?

25 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That's awesome! He's smart to want a woman just like you!

Anonymous said...

LOL love it!!!

Mandy said...

LOL He rocks.

amanda said...

awwww he's in love :)

ps - i heart that show!

Working Mommy said...

How cute!!!! I remember doing some chasing in elementary school...but then I got real and waited until they came to me :)

~Working Mommy

Liz Mays said...

Well, you're gorgeous! He has good taste. ;)

Bethany said...

It just means he recognizes a quaility woman already. :)

LutherLiz said...

As a girl who regularly chased boys on the playground I can say that she probably loves him too! He could do worse ;)

Marketing Mama said...

Uh oh. You are in trouble. You know what creeped me out? On Thanksgiving when Mitch's mom turned to me and said "He married his mother." in reference to something I did. I almost threw up. Even though she is pretty cool as far as mothers-in-law go. :)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Haha!

Sincerely Iowa said...

Thats adorable!

Mrs. M said...

Aw, so cute!! :)

Corine (@ComplicatedMama) said...

awww so cute he picked out a mini-mommy.

So funny you posted this cause I just started having similar convos with my son (4yrs)... only his Laurie is named Summer... I noticed the other day dropping him off how he went from playing puzzles with the boys to acting like a court jester when this pretty lil blondie walked in the room... I couldnt believe it.

BTW- Love the movie "Hes just not that into you!"

foxy said...

Oh man! Looks just like you - how funny! It started EARLY, huh? Wow.

Allison said...

Well you're beautiful so he has good taste! Love it!

Spencer's little Laurie is named Martasia. The other day I went to pick him up early from school and when he went back into the classroom to say goodbye to everyone, Martasia stood up and they hugged. So cute but I was like, great, it's starting already! :)

Emmy said...

Cute! And hey it could be worse, the other day my son said he wanted to marry daddy. when we explained how boys marry girls, then he wanted to marry his sister. :)

Anonymous said...

You must look like an elf. heehee
I know it's a blurry picture. But I'm sure you picked up on it right away. The odd thing about my child, is that he likes the dark-hairs (as my husband calls it). He will stare forever at any girl with hair color other than blonde. So, what does that say about his love for his mother? I guess he's not a mother-lover.

Lucy said...

oops just realised your giveaway closed before i commented on it! duh! i blame my lack of brain cells on... actually no ggod excuse really...
anyway i'm glad i found your blog
:-)

Carma Sez said...

...Paging Dr. Freud...

Capital Mom said...

At least he has good taste!

Wisconsin Parent said...

dude, it's the bangs.

Heidi said...

Ha, ha!!!! There is quite a resemblance there. That is so cute!
When Kira was in kindergarten she got caught smooching with a little boy, I was a little upset at the time, now I think it's kind of funny.
But how young is too young?
Love the picture all fuzzed up. I never really thought about posting pictures of other peoples kids. I suppose I would have to black their eyes out as well.
Thanksgiving week was a little crazy here too. I will email you tomorrow morning. But I've missed you too!

CC said...

perfect! My son met his love last year in K. But they were always competing to see who was the FASTEST runner in the class. But then this year she moved to a different school. :( :( :( Now who is he gonna marry?

hidden said...

OMG! That is so sweet.

tori said...

LOL! He'll be lucky to find a wife as pretty as his mom!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...