Monday, December 28, 2009

Champion of Christmas

"I'm the Champion of Christmas" Henry exclaimed as he jumped back and forth then side to side with this huge goofy grin on his face. He ran over and bear hugged my brother-in-law and my sister for giving him probably the best present he could have ever dreamed, a stop sign.

As much as I would love for you to imagine me as this bad a$ mom; driving her minivan around at 2:30 in the morning, pulling over on some dark, abandon road and ripping this stop sign off the post with her bare hands, this just isn't the case.

Sorry to disappoint.

But this gift has opened Henry's eyes to the potential of future Christmases. He sat on a stool in the kitchen between myself and my sister, looked squarely at her and said "Next year, I'd like a working stop light".



Disclaimer, as to avoid any potential felony charges, my sister helped in the clean up of the F-5 tornado that hit the Parkersburg, IA area in 2008. This stop sign was wrapped around it's post like a metal taco. It was taken down and replaced. The above sign was to be scrap metal.

19 comments:

w said...

oh man. a stop sign. that's an awesome gift. i'd like one of those. for myself. for when my girls are out of control.

also. a speed limit sign might help, too.

hope your christmas was awesome.

Tyne said...

Very cool gift! That is the kind of thing my son would love too. Glad y'all had a great Christmas

Evonne said...

That is an awesome gift! I think a working stop light might have it's perks as well.

Shandal said...

What an awesome present! My sister and her friends jacked a stop sign once... until my dad made her put it back. Haha!

Debbie said...

So the stop light. I'm figuring you're going to need a lookout person for that!

Unknown said...

a stop sign--love it! you have a while to work on next year's!

Heidi said...

I always wanted to steal this sign that was by my aunt's house that said "Slow Deaf Child" This was the perfect description of me while I wandered through my teenage years.

The things kids pick as their favorite gifts?! Free bent and battered stop sign vs. expensive, long thought out gifts that Santa brought. Hmm, what's the deal with that!?
Sounds like you had a Christmas filled with family. Hope that it was fun and exciting!

Working Mommy said...

LOL! What an exciting Christmas!! I can't WAIT to see that working stop light...

~WM

Emmy said...

Now that is a fun present! My brothers may or may not have had a few signs like that.... but yeah enough said :)

Capital Mom said...

Sounds like he had a great time!

Carol said...

Love your disclaimer.

Bethany said...

I'm disappointed that you didn't use your minivan to steal something. I was always under the impression that the only reason people drove minivans was for the extra storage space when committing a crime.

simplicity said...

This is awesome. And the disclaimer...priceless!

Not Everyones Mama said...

Ya know, I might not have believed that you weren't out there stealing stop signs if I hadn't seen the aftermath of those tornados. Ya know probably not the best joke I've ever made, but you know what I mean. :)

He has got those blue eyes like my daughter has, the ones that you could just stare at all day.

Back to the stop sign, very very cool present!

Half of a Duo, Raising a Duo said...

God woman, you got the mayhem and fun rolling.

Loves it.

Henry will look back, ages and ages hence, and realize your motherhood made all the difference!

lol. But you know what I mean.

hugs, and if we didn't live halfway across the country apart, can you imagine the kids and the damage we would/could do?

mommytoalot said...

LOL...pretty cool..and a working stop light..imagine!

A Crafty Mom said...

I still know in my heart you are a bad a$$ mom :) Way to go - my kids would LOVE a stop sign!!!

Happy holidays and the best of all New Year's to you guys :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Even if you didn't get him the sign, you are a bad a55 mom! Good luck with the working stop light.

Merry Christmas.

amanda said...

thank you for the disclaimer, i was about to call and report you.

for real though, i love how they love the little things.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...