Friday, August 7, 2009

you didn't eat poop

Henry walked in the bathroom after I had just gone. I was washing my hands, he unzips to go pee because we are cool like that and are this 'open-door / no-privacy / walk-in-when-I'm-pooping' kind of family, perhaps this is the cause of Wyatt being BFF with boobies?

*shrug*

I might be reconsidering this free for all policy once Henry starts requesting buddies to go into the bathroom stall with him to have 'someone to talk to'.

So Henry's peeing and gives me this disgusted, pained look:
"I just ate poop."


I'm pretty sure my glaring eyes darting towards his direction scared him to pee a little bit more.
"No - I just went to the bathroom."


Henry: "But, I can taste it in my mouth."


Me: "Henry, just because you smell it doesn't mean that you are eating it."


Henry: "But it tastes yucky".


Me, rolling eyes and generally annoyed with his over-reaction to the smell: "You are fine, you didn't eat poop!"


Henry zips up his zipper, starts to wash his hands and says "Mom, I think my tummy's a little sick."


I give up.



19 comments:

... said...

lmao!
i love it.
we're an open door kinda family too, which means anytime anyone is over, my kiddo thinks he can just go with them to the bathroom....
can't wait till he's old enough to say stuff like this!
:-)

4luvandlife said...

this may be nearing too much information :)

Jeanette said...

Bwahahahahaha! Stop peering into my bathroom will ya?

Mandy said...

LOL Such is my life.... :)

amanda said...

giggling.

out loud.

Aryn said...

Hahahahahahaha! I write this because I'm not a LOL kind of gal. But that's some seriously funny sh*t. :)

Anonymous said...

Kids are hilarious! But he's right- if something smells bad you can also taste it.

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

oh gross. I'm goinna say that to my dh next time i walk by his FOUL releases.

blek!! too funny
thanks for stopping by
d

Allison said...

We are totally that kind of family too. So funny! Our little one hasn't caught on that visitors need privacy in the bathroom and will just go to open the door!

Heidi said...

Your boys are hilarious! I think everyone with small kids has an open door policy. At my house we have to specify that the open door policy doesn't apply to the front door and the bathroom door being open at the same time, you can see straight into our bathroom from the front door. Makes for a rather embarassing situation if company shows up while someone's pooping.

Rachel said...

I love that he's as open with his comments as you are with your bathroom door. :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That is too much.

We have a saying in my family that something "tastes like it smells." Maybe he has it backwards and it "smells like it tastes?"

Rebecca said...

Did you flush between your turn and his?

Wisconsin Parent said...

I see nothing wrong with this post. :-)

PaleRoller said...

Absolutely disgusting...and hilarious, of course.

The Rambler said...

best disgusting funny story today! Love it.

Well, I don't love eating poop but you know what I mean :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Rambler. And maybe you won't have to re-think the open door policy. It's possible that your apparent stench alone may have done it! Next time, just tell him it's payback for all those years of diapers.

Janie Woods said...

Henry walked in the bathroom after I had just gone. I was washing my hands, he unzips to go pee because we are cool like that and are this 'open-door / no-privacy / walk-in-when-I'm-pooping' kind of family, perhaps this is the cause of Wyatt being BFF with boobies?

This is SSOOOO my boys and I! I finally had to tell them to knock before coming in the bedroom because they would just walk in while I'm changing in my closet. Not bad when the older ones were you know, 5 and 6. But they're in high school. It was time.

Teaching My Children said...

Love it! Love to read realness. Perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...