Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mrs. Lazy

I don't always have a lesson in my posts or do you learn anything of any real value here, but today is your lucky day (just don't expect much).

I was putting Wyatt's tennis shoes on in the car. For the third time, I had to unvelcro them, shake out the imaginary rocks/sand/dust bunnies that he swore were in his shoes, brush off his feet, put his shoes back on and velcro them back up.

During the third velcro 'scenario', Henry was sitting next to Wyatt in the car.

"Mom, why isn't he wearing socks?"

I simply respond "Because I'm lazy". More specifically, it was because I threw Wyatt's faux-Crocs in the laundry and then was too lazy to sort them of out of the wash and proceeded to put them into the dryer. (Here it is, your lesson for the day...) Wu's Crocs shrank to about half the size they use to be. His cute little camo Crocs were now a tinier versions of the original. Sigh. Maybe this wouldn't have happened with real Crocs, but like I've said before I'm lazy and cheap.

So, in my mind, his tennis shoes must be sandal-ish, slip-ons and sans socks.

Henry continues "But why are you so lazy?"

Me: "I just am." (See, I'm even too lazy to come up with a reasonable explanation to his question.)

Henry: "I will call you Mrs. Lazy and Dad (who is 6'5") will be Giant."

I guess he got that right on both counts.

touché

19 comments:

SoBella Creations said...

I have those days!

Visiting via SITS!

amanda said...

nice to meet you mrs. lazy.

i am your long lost sister mrs. super lazy! i haven't even washed the fake crocs :)

Allison said...

Too funny! I can totally sympathize with feeling lazy! What's more is I really relate to being lazy and cheap!

Elle Superstar said...

kids are our best comics. very LOL.

Unknown said...

Hehe--Mrs. Lazy--I love it!

But only because I am right there with you :)

And I'm with amanda--I've never even washed Bella's (also fake) Crocs...so what does that make me?!

Unknown said...

I didn't even know you could wash faux crocs...or crocs for that matter!

Speaking of crocs...I went to a new outlet mall last weekend that had a crocs outlet...it smelled funny. I have no idea why? lol

Anonymous said...

Oh man I hope Peanut and any subsequent nuts don't notice how lazy I am. They'll just have to go to time out if they try to call me out on it. Also, my husband is a giant too @ 6'4".

Ju said...

I try my best not to be lazy, because I know the girls would just copy me; but sometimes (OK often) I just can't help it. Good example? A carpet picnic in front of the TV, with dry cereal as a treat (because we ran out of milk).
And thanks for commenting on my blog :D

Ju

Amanda said...

Very cute and true <---not you being lazy, just how defeating socks and answers can be ;)

Capital Mom said...

Maybe you need to have another baby to fit the new mini-faux-crocs. You know, if you aren't too lazy. :-)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I think "lazy" comes with being a mom sometimes.


BTW, why did you need to dry the crocs? Wouldn't they air dry?

I put them in the dishwasher!

kristine said...

Hilarious!

Rebecca said...

So, the crocs shrunk? Did I read that right?

Wisconsin Parent said...

So true. Many lessons there. Did you get them at Aldi's? :-) We have the opposite problem - too many imaginary wrinkles in the socks. At another Pump it Up (swallowing vomit) party the other day one of the kids (who also has a reading coach, by the way) was tying his shoes. I looked at his dad and openly admitted I am basically a B+ parent at best. I'm sure the PTA will be retracting any welcome letters now.

Stesha said...

My dear friend, you have taken laziness to a whole new level. And I thank you!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

My kid doesn't even wear shoes. How's that for lazy? Ah ha. I figure now that he's past a year it's about time. Sigh.

Aracely said...

Wait! We're supposed to wash those Crocs? We can't just hose them down while the boys are standing in them?

Unknown said...

how cute--Mrs. Lazy and Giant!

just stopping by to say hi from SITS; hope you'll do the same.

down pillow said...

How very very funny. Kids catch on to everything and then constantly remind you of it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...