Tuesday, May 5, 2009

too cute

I'm a sucker for a printed diaper, apparently Wyatt is as well. As I put on these new little polka-dot green and blue diapers, I shrieked with delight, "Wu, these are too cute!" Wyatt toddle-runs out of the bedroom to show Daddy exclaiming "too cute" and then to Henry still in the bathtub "see too cutes?".

Instead of calling them diapers, he now calls them "too cutes".

Yesterday, he grabbed a couple of these diapers out of the cabinet, handed them to the other toddler I watch and asked him if he wanted a "too cute?" He's a proud little peacock in his too cutes. He pulls down his pants sporadically throughout the day to examine his too cutes, making sure that they are, in fact, still there; he points to them, looks up at me and smiles.

After all the sucky luck I've had with Target brand diapers (and yes, I know that they are Target brand, re-branded to be called Up and Up, shamelessly suckering me in with their nice $13.99 price point and their cute little introductory print), I guess that your smile makes it worth it,

that is until you wake up, diaper leaking, in a pool of pee. Pools of pee at 3 in the morning are certainly not too cute.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

They ARE super cute! But the leaks? Not so cute...

They always leaked with Isabella...and I was so disappointed bc the price is wonderful!

4luvandlife said...

very funny. it reminds me of him showing them off on the catwalk. what a fashionista!

amanda said...

i have told you how cute he is right? bc seriously friend he is sooo cute!!

and the 3am pools of pee totally not cute!

Mandy said...

LOL Agreed. :)

kristine said...

So you know - we have the same problem with the leaky diapers in the morning (Target brand) so what I started doing was buying the Target diapers for the day time and then Huggies (regular or night time) for at night. This way a pack of regular huggies (or your diaper of choice) will aslt you an entire month while you still save money from your Target diapers...

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Targets are a no go for me, too!

But, if they work during the day, use them then!

But, your little model is "too cute" in them:)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it better that it's pee and not pools of poo. I hate when that happens.

RuensOnTheRun said...

Those dimples are too cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...