Thursday, January 8, 2009

who needs NYC?

I love fashion. It use to be a part of my everyday life; from selling on the floor, to being a clothing buyer, to working in technical design, it was part of me. When I was little, I use to be in 4-H, taking part in this junior-sized fashion show every year. It was thrilling being in the show; being on stage, them calling out my name and best yet, my heart just jumped being on the 'cat walk' (which I'm not sure I should even qualify it as a cat walk having taken place in a small-town-Iowa church basement, but you get the idea). I've always loved fashion.

Relatives from New York, not knowing about Wyatt's obsession with accessories (because they don't read my blog), sent a box of their outgrown hats and scarves yesterday. It was just like Christmas day again for Wyatt. You bet he tried on every hat within the ten minutes that the box was opened.

Wyatt giving his grrr face

GQ

model attitude (throwing his hat at me)

I think he has a little bit of his mom in him, or at least a bit from the pre-jeans-every-single-day mom.

16 comments:

Mandy said...

It looks like he had a ball. :)

amanda said...

pretty sure the church basement runway totally counts :)

and he is beyond cute friend!

Miss Lisa said...

Way cooler and you don't have to sit by Paris ;)

A Crafty Mom said...

You were in fashion??? I'm so envious!! I'm the same way, used to be so into it, now, uh, not so much. Jeans or yoga pants are my new look du jour I'm afraid.

Your little fashionista looks very at home and stylish. He's really workin' it :-)

kristine said...

Very cute. He is somethin else with those hats. I love it!`

Rebecca said...

I like the last two photos - the dimples in his catwalk photo and his face expression in the magnum photo. What attitude!

Unknown said...

The church basement totally counts!

Maybe he will be a fashion designer or a male cat-walker when he grows up. :)

Corine (@ComplicatedMama) said...

Love the GQ and Model Attitude pics... so cute.... and boy do I remember those "pre-jeans-every-day" days all too well. ::tear::

Anonymous said...

The fashion shows were often at the Main Theatre Pizza Pub, which did, in fact, have a stage. Church basement? C'mon...
Wyatt's soooo cute. Love the pics.

Anonymous said...

That's a really good idea...using old hats and stuff. Why can't I ever come up with crap like that?! Anyway, he's such a cutie! It's hard for me not to see my son since they are so close in age. It's a very fun time!

Aracely said...

What! No blue steel? The shark hat is hawt!

carrie said...

Work it Wyatt!

I think you're right. :)

MaricrisG said...

The next supermodel in the making! He's so cute. Come join me on wednesday for DeCode Wednesday and brag about him!

MaricrisG said...

I know I was JUST here but I thot it was funny coming accross a SuperMommy and Anti-Supermom @ the same time. She's also in SITS! lol! you should meet.

Maricris
Zen Ventures

Aly @ Lip Zip said...

Jeans every day? You are rocking the fashion still! Just wait until you trade the jeans for sweatpants...then you've really given up. Trust me. :D

Wisconsin Parent said...

On the cat walk...on the cat walk!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...