Wednesday, December 17, 2008

if the shoe fits

I know that I've written this before, but I charted for both of my children, so I know pretty much the exact time our children were conceived (I'm so romantic, aren't I). Since I did know exactly when they were conceived; with our first, I was also pretty certain that we were having a girl. I shared this with anyone and everyone "that factually speaking, this baby should be a girl". A friend even purchased a gift for our yet unborn baby, a beautiful, little white and pink hat.

I will be honest with you, I cried at the ultrasound. I cried hours after the ultrasound. In my heart of hearts, I thought our baby was a girl. I dreamed of dressing her up, playing with dolls, pretending tea parties, I was in love with all. of. it.

Henry is a boy, all boy. When Wyatt was conceived, I had no false hopes of having a girl. I knew it was going to be a boy, but I love boys. I've only taken care of 1 girl in my four years of doing child care. I really do love having boys.

That's said, my Wyatt loves wearing my shoes around the living room, loves clothing so much that some of his first words were "shirt" and "hat" and oh, how he loves to accessorize. I think he's filling my need for having a girl quite nicely.



20 comments:

DiPaola Momma said...

Oh is is Purdy enough to be a girl:-)

Miss Lisa said...

What a pretty little boy :)
Seriously my youngest boy does the very same thing with lipstick of course--I think it's normal, they want to be like the person they love the most, mama

kristine said...

So cute!!! Look at those dimples!!!

Tyne said...

He is so cute. The dimples are his best accessory, for certain. Maybe a little girl someday soon...

Unknown said...

Awww.....so cute!! I remember when my brother was little he would walk around in my mom's shoes all the time...lol!

I would have laughed so hard about the tutu :)

Gretchen said...

So cute! With a beautiful face like that, who needs a pretty little girl? He's a handsome prince!

Plus, you'll only need to save up for the rehearsal dinner!

Mandy said...

He's a cute one!! :) I looked at this picture and immediately thought of Frick. He looked very similar to this at that age!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That is so cute!

And, I saw your comment about putting him in tutus...maybe you should give it a try:)

Marketing Mama said...

Love it. :)

I cried at my ultrasounds, too. The first time because I wanted a girl so badly and found out the baby was a boy.

The second one because I wanted two boys so badly, but I was having a girl.

Now I'm just pleased as punch with both of them.

amanda said...

omg sooo sinkin cute!!

Stephanie said...

OOOOOO!!!! All little boys go thru this! lol...i have soo many pictures of my husband dressed up! He had 2 sisters...so of course he was dressed up! lol

Aracely said...

All those dimples on one little face is too much to handle! Where's the pic of him in that dress? I know you went there! Share!

RuensOnTheRun said...

How precious!! Love the dimples. My middle child used to be obsessed with watching me put on my makeup. And, when I straighten my hair...he wants his hair done with "products".

Anonymous said...

I give my son an old purse to play with, which irritates the husband. That's what I love about the age they are at, they have no reservations and it's all the same to them. Very cute!

Stephanie said...

Hey! Thank you so much for your comment. I actually didn't see the surrogate part on your profile...I just really liked your blogs name! I am a sucker for creativity because I'm not all that creative

Kristen said...

Or you could just have that third baby!! ;)

What a cutie pie! I do totally love his hat too!

Happy Wednesday friend.

Barely Domestic Mama said...

Too adorable!

I wandered on to your blog from SITS.

Anonymous said...

Hi - Visiting from SITS.

I am also a mother of a son. I only have one, but I am completely convinced I am destined to have all boys. (Even through I would kinda like a little girl too.)

Your little guy is cute.

Anonymous said...

He actually makes a very cute girl...

Ryan and Jesse said...

you made me laugh outloud! we miss seeing you guys! the cold weather makes us hibernate! hope you are well and thank you again for the amazing treats!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...